• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Add formula automatically to Google Sheets

Caterina

Hi there,

I am currently setting up a workflow to automatically add rows to Google sheets if a person is filling in a quiz on our website.

Each row is supposed to have a formula with an if function to check if a specific word is mentioned in a different column (=if(SEARCH("self-test",$F2),"1")). The problem I am having is that I can't pre-populate the formula for the entire column, as the new row will be added below the last formula entry.

I also tried =ArrayFormula, but that doesn't work either.

I now tried to add the formula into Pabbly directly, to auto-populate whenever a new row is added. This is working, however, the row number is not being updated. E.g. I'm adding this formula to Pabbly

Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 14.32.28.png

but Pabbly isn't updating the "$F2" part when the data is added into e.g row 15. Is there a way to make the row number dynamic?

Many thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Caterina

Is there a way to make the row number dynamic?
You can use the Counter action step of Number Formatter to make the row value dynamic in every execution.

Kindly try this at your end and let us know if that works for you.

(Watch the following video at 9:50)