• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Adding Tag to Shopify erases all existing Tags

Using UPDATE CUSTOMER action (Shopify) to add Tags to contact in Shopify. However, it overwrites all existing tags. How do I get it to ADD TAGS instead of overwriting?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mktg2contractors

We've made a small tweak to your workflow so that all tags will now be automatically added to updating customers. Take a look and see how it works for you. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

1705122409254.png

1: Automation still overwrites all of the existing tags in Shopify. I only want to ADD specific tags from gohighlevel to Shopify.
2: What is the reason for selecting LEADCONNECTOR V1? I though we should always use V2?

Supreme

Staff member
1: Automation still overwrites all of the existing tags in Shopify. I only want to ADD specific tags from gohighlevel to Shopify.
Can you please record a short video on the same so we can look into it and help you accordingly?
2: What is the reason for selecting LEADCONNECTOR V1? I though we should always use V2?
I checked the API reference, and it looks like we're currently using both versions of LeadConnector. However, I came across some recent info suggesting that they might be phasing out Version 1. It's something we should keep an eye on based on the latest updates.

When you update a tag in shopify, it overwrites all existing tags in Shopify. Need to use AddTags per their docs.

See attached screenshot from Shopify api and workflow builder, Flow.

Here is the proper way to ADD tags to Shopify so they do not overwrite all existing tags.

Please add this functionality to Pabbly so that users can add tags to Shopify without overwriting what is there already. Shopify uses tags for everything, Currently there is no way to add a tag to a Shopify customer without it erasing all of the current Shopify tags already in place for that customer.

Please incorporate the AddTags function. Also, Shopify has a few different tag fields: customer tags, draft orders tags, orders tags, product tags.

Attachments

• Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    19.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Please incorporate the AddTags function. Also, Shopify has a few different tag fields: customer tags, draft orders tags, orders tags, product tags.
I have forwarded your concern to the integration team and they will look into it and add the action step accordingly.

Supreme

Staff member
Regarding your feedback, we've taken action by incorporating the "Add Tags to Contact" step. We encourage you to give it a go and share your experience with us. Your insights are valuable, and we're here to make sure it meets your needs effectively. Feel free to let us know how it works for you!

1705739410685.png