• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

AIRTABLE UPDATE RECORD ACTION NOT WORKING?

nysc

Hello,

Please, I would like to use your service to integrate Fluent Forms and Airtable. I have tested the Airtable Create Record action and it works beautifully. When I make a new Fluent form submission, a new record is created in airtable. However, I cannot get the airtable update action to work.

I created a workflow for Update records. However, when I make a new form submission targeting editing of existing details, all I get is the insertion of a new row into airtable, so now I have 2 records for the same person. Another time, I tried again, but the record id field is not automatically showing any record ids, so I get a row does not exist error. And if I use manual mapping of the record ID, the form only creates a new record, no update.

How can I get my fluent form to actually replace one or more fields of an existing airtable record?

For instance, I already have the details of a person named John. I have Name as "John", email as "[email protected]" and notes as "abcdef". Now, I want to give John or any user an update form to update his notes or update his email, how do I correctly do this? Can you make a video showing this, please?

Attachments

• Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    295.5 KB · Views: 56

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @nysc

As we can see from your workflow, it seems like the Airtables' action event is working fine. Kindly try again for a few executions and let us know if you get stuck in any step further.

2022-02-28_16h05_10.png

nysc

I received an email from a colleague of yours. He suggested that I add one more step to the workflow before the Airtable Update record action and that is an Airtable Search record action. With this I search by email. I had to then use its Response to map in the Record ID of the Update record action.

I have done this. The record now updates fine. However, there is a problem:

Each time I update a record, the original record gets duplicated.

For instance, if the original record I want to update is

Name (John), Email ([email protected]), Code (1234),

after updating the Name once to Tony, I have the following:

Name (Tony), Email ([email protected]), Code (1234)

If I update the record again i.e Name to Adam, I will have

Name (Adam), Email ([email protected]), Code (1234)
Name (Adam), Email ([email protected]), Code (1234)

So, now I have the original record still in place and duplicates being created whenever I update.

IT IS AS IF IT IS ADDING AND UPDATING AT THE SAME TIME.

I want to have only one single record. Please, how do I make sure I have only one record after update not duplicates or triplicates?

Kindly help check my settings to help me find the solution.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @nysc

It seems like in your account you might have 2 identical workflows in which both are getting the same data from your Fluent form.

So a solution we have added a filter action step in your workflow in which you are creating a record. So it that way it wouldn't create a record twice if once created.

Please check that out and let us know if it is working for you.

nysc

I have a question. As it is now, I have a FluentForms-Airtable workflow for Creating records and another one for Updating records.

For the Create Records workflow, you have defined 2 free tasks and 2 unlabelled tasks. Does it mean that each time I sign up a new user via this workflow, it will consume 2 tasks?

Also, for the Update Records workflow, there is 1 free task and 2 unlabelled tasks. Again, does it mean anytime a user updates their record, it will consume 2 tasks?

Kindly confirm if the above is correct and if not, how many tasks are consumed per workflow?

Regards

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @nysc

For the Create Records workflow, you have defined 2 free tasks and 2 unlabelled tasks. Does it mean that each time I sign up a new user via this workflow, it will consume 2 tasks?
Yes, it will consume 2 tasks for every execution.

2022-03-02_13h29_52.png

Also, for the Update Records workflow, there is 1 free task and 2 unlabelled tasks. Again, does it mean anytime a user updates their record, it will consume 2 tasks?

Yes, the workflow will consume 2 tasks for every execution.

2022-03-02_13h31_59.png

nysc

Hello,

I am writing you regarding the workflow defined for me by one of your staff sometime ago. It is the same workflow described above in previous chats.
Today, I tried to use the same workflow but I got the email below.
Please, what does it mean and how can I correct the error?

Hello Olusegun Fakuyi,
This email is to notify you that for the workflow "FluentForms to Airtable Workflow" , a recent task was not executed due to following error -
Task History ID: IjE1NDI4Mzk4NyI_3D
Step Name: Airtable > Create Record
Task Error Detail:
{
"error > type": "INVALID_MULTIPLE_CHOICE_OPTIONS",
"error > message": "Insufficient permissions to create new select option \"\"222222\"\""
}

Hello,

I am writing you regarding the workflow defined for me by one of your staff sometime ago. It is the same workflow described above in previous chats.
Today, I tried to use the same workflow but I got the email below.
Please, what does it mean and how can I correct the error?

Hello Olusegun Fakuyi,
This email is to notify you that for the workflow "FluentForms to Airtable Workflow" , a recent task was not executed due to following error -
Task History ID: IjE1NDI4Mzk4NyI_3D
Step Name: Airtable > Create Record
Task Error Detail:
{
"error > type": "INVALID_MULTIPLE_CHOICE_OPTIONS",
"error > message": "Insufficient permissions to create new select option \"\"222222\"\""
}
kindly check your task history for error since there are 4 steps it will pin point to the troubling step

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @nysc

You need to pass the existing option of that particular multi-select field for your respective Table.

Multi-select fields -
2022-05-25_10h49_06.png
2022-05-25_10h48_43.png