• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Appending values to Google sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autima

Hey everyone,

I want to transfer form subscriptions made in Gravity Forms to Google sheets. The Task is Working so far, but every time someone posts the sign " in a text field the transfer fails. Unfortuanelly the sign " is used quite often in german while explaining.

Therefore, is the a way to avoid Pabbly failing the transfer when in a textfield is the " sign?

Kind regards,

Mustafa

Last edited:

Autima

You mean Google Forms or Google Sheets? Can share the screenshot of your workflow?
Thanks for the fast answer, I mean Google Sheets, not forms, you're right. The workflow I've attached as a picture below.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 152806.jpg

Fagun Shah

This is for the columns in which I don't want to insert data from this formular.
e.g. I want to insert some information in column 1 and 2, and then in 6 and 7, but wanna pass the columns 3-5 in between. That's why I don't send any data in these columns.
You said in your question that when you try to pass double quotes sign " in google sheet you get error, but I am not seeing any " sign in your mapped values.

Autima

This is the Task which could not pass in Pabbly. Later tasks worked all fine, as long as there is no " written in text. I can provoke the error, by just adding " in the text or removing it.
Screenshot 2021-05-25 155845.jpg

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Autima

We looked into your concern and we would suggest you use the " Add Row" Action event of Google Sheets Action, which would be easier to set up and you won't be getting such an issue.

And to avoid the particular column you can simply use {{skip}} to skip the existing cell value without overwriting it. Use {{blank}} to empty the existing value in the cell.

2021-05-26_16h22_16.png

Fagun Shah

@Supreme Verma any chance you guys adding support for double quotes " in the append row?

Bcoz there are benefits of using append row over add new row, like append row does not remove formulas from remaining columns but add new row action does remove formulas.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Autima

Please consider using the "Add Row" event for now. We might support using ' in near future for the "Append Row".

Thanks for your understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.