• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Application only sends certain fields. Is there a way to test for existence of a field?

Sash

I am using Bookeo for our reservation system. When a new booking is created in Bookeo, the Pabbly trigger works just fine and Pabbly receives the data. The issue that I have is that the response from Bookeo only contains fields that were used in that particular booking. e.g. when the end-user creates a booking if they used a promotion code, the response received from the Bookeo API contains a field called Promotion and its contents. However if the end-user did not use a promotion code, when Bookeo sends the data for that booking, the Promotion code field is missing entirely.

I want to create a record in my Airtable database for every new booking. So if I try to use the Promotion field in my workflow, if the field is present then no problem, the field in Airtable gets populated correctly. However if the promotion field doesn't exist in the data from Bookeo, then Pabbly generates an error because I am referring to a field that is not there and the workflow terminates with UNKNOWN_FIELD_NAME error.

It would be great if the data from Bookeo contained every field whether it was used or not. However with Bookeo only sending those fields that actually have data, I'm running into this problem.

My question is, is there a way for me to test for the presence or absence of a field in the response from the triggering application?

Thanks.

Sash

Subin

Staff member
Hey @Sash !

Kindly create two workflows where in the first workflow, you can collect the Booking with a promotion code from the Bookeo.

You just need to add a "Filter" step as shown below-

1661148793545.png

This workflow will allow on the promotion code data to flow further.

In the next workflow, you need to use the "Filter" step as mentioned below-

1661148937090.png

This filter will only allow the data which doesn't have the promotion field in it.

Through these two workflows, you won't get an issue.

Kindly check and let us know if this works for you now.