• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Asana workflow triggering randomly instead of just with the trigger

Ingrid

Hi! I have 2 Asana Workflows that trigger when I add a tag so one workflow created a Google folder ad the other a Dropbobx folder, and both are triggering and working perfectly fine ✅ BUT I see that both workflows are trying to trigger at random, and of course it will have errors because it already was completed.

How can I stop them from triggering when no trigger from Asana is happening??

Asana workflows.png

I'm adding the workflow and task error for the Asana x Dropbbos workflow, but what ever solution we get for this one I will apply to the other workflow that is doing the same things for Asana x Google Drive.

Any help is appreciated!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Ingrid

For your concern, you can use the Filter action step after the trigger event which will only process Asana's trigger event with the specific tag.

1679483536186.png

Ingrid

Hi @Supreme Thank you for your reply!
Should it look like this?

The Asana trigger already says that the "Trigger event" is when a Tag is added and the Tag ID should be "New Client" (so I thought that was the only thing that would trigger the workflow).

That worked but it was triggering randomly even when no New Client tag was added (even no new tag at all, regardless of the name).

I added the filter step AFTER the Asana step. Are the settings looking correct? I was unsure of the Label and value but I selected the Label as the Tag Name and same for the Value (screenshot below)

filter pabbly.png

Ingrid

😓 sorry I'm really new to this! I saw your addition on the workflow and left it as you had it! I thought it had to be with the Asana Tag NAME but you did it with the Tag ID?

Asana Tag ID.png

Supreme

Staff member
sorry I'm really new to this! I saw your addition on the workflow and left it as you had it! I thought it had to be with the Asana Tag NAME but you did it with the Tag ID?
Yes, we have configured the filter action step in your workflow. Please give it a try and let us know.