• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Best practice for grace failures

Dear Pabbly Support,

I have a Pabbly workflow where I am parsing a complex email to extract data and send it to an API.

The API determines if the email can be parsed or not and returns a 400 for malformed data if it's not.

Pabbly fails ungracefully on that and sends an email notifying an error when it's actually the expected behaviour.

Is there any way around that or do I need to change the HTTP response code of the CRM (I built the API).

Thanks,
Mattia

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ZeldOcarina

Kindly share the name of the workflow in which you are using the API by Pabbly action step along with the API documentation of the application which you are trying to implement.

The workflow name is "Aletti Emails", the documentation is not available as it's a private API.
Basically it tries to create a new lead if all required data are present or it rejects the lead if any are missing with a 400 API response.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ZeldOcarina

If the API sends the status code above 400 the system will consider it an error/failed task, you need to change the API's status code from the application level to less than 400 with any code to justify the HTTP code as success.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ZeldOcarina

Correction: If the API sends the status code above 400 the system will consider it an error/failed task, you need to change the API's status code from the application level to less than 400 with any code to justify the HTTP code as success.

You mean above 400 will error out, right?
I guess I'll switch to a 204 then!
Yes, you need to change the status code from the API.