• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Bug in Text Formatter -> Extract Pattern when the workflow runs automatically

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjIwNTZjMDYzMjA0MzA1MjZkNTUzNTUxMzA1MTZhNTQzOCI_3D_pc
It looks like a bug in the Pabbly Connect (extractPattern) when the workflow runs automatically. I used the below given "Extract Pattern" to find the matches text from the email body HTML. It matches correctly when we run the steps manually on the "Save and Send Test Request" button click and even when we run the whole workflow manually (Re-execute->Entire Workflow) from workflow history. When the workflow runs automatically (schedule to trigger on email parser), it fails to extract text from the body HTML. It shows success when testing the same regular expression with the https://regex101.com/.

Extract Pattern: ep=401e65e9&r=[a-f0-9]{32}

1699697669113.png

1699697213629.png

1699697496307.png

1699697830680.png

Attachments

• 1699697638508.png
    1699697638508.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 26

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jitesh_tandel

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Could you kindly re-execute the process, as the extract pattern appears to be functioning correctly on our end? Please inform us if the issue persists.

1699705606976.png

Hey @jitesh_tandel

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Could you kindly re-execute the process, as the extract pattern appears to be functioning correctly on our end? Please inform us if the issue persists.

View attachment 34055
Thanks @Supreme,
As I mentioned in my thread, it works when we run the workflow manually using the "Re-execute" button. It fails when the workflow triggers automatically when I receive any email (trigger to hook on email parser).

JFI: I integrated Text Formatter -> HTML to Markdown just before the Extract Pattern action step. I am using the "HTML to Markdown" result into Extract Pattern action step instead of HTML Body directly. It seems working after I integrated HTML to Markdown. I still haven't tried delay before Extract Pattern action step.
Will I face the same issue If I use HTML to Markdown result into the Extract Pattern?
1699707275862.png