• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Clockify Start/End timer actions make no sense?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect Infinity (task management platform) to Clockify. What I wanted to do is to track the time I am doing my tasks. So here would be the workflow:

1. I create a new task in Infinity, then Clockify creates a task for tracking the time by taking the same name of the task from Infinity.
2. I have an attribute that has a value option "TimerON" in the selection, so when that option is selected, Clockify should start tracking time for that already existing task in Clockify.

So the trouble starts with the Start and End Timer actions for Clockify. It asks me for Start and End time of the task... In Clockify itself I just click start and it would start the counter, but here it asks me for start and end dates/times. So I have to input that but when I do it just gives me a new entry with that start and end point, which is already finished task. What I expected is to just start the task with the name I provide and then another action would stop the timer and that is it. Basically it should not have start and end point defined at all, it should just start or end timer of an existing task in Clockify. It could maybe work if I had an option to take my system time or something and provide that timestamp to it but then again... it makes no sense to me.

Also, if I leave it as "null" or empty, I get this:
You entered invalid value for field : [end]. Values that represent [end] can be null and can't be empty. Please make sure that the [end] date is not greater than 9999-12-31 and not less than 0001-01-01. Ensure that the [end] date is in following format: "yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ" Example: 2018-11-29T13:00:46Z.

If someone can explain me how these two actions are supposed to work and what is the logic here, I am banging my head against the wall here :)

Thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mistergeko

As we can see from your workflow, you are previously passing the same start and date time in the date time field and since it is not possible that the event will be start and end at the same time.

Though we have made some changes from our end and now you can skip the start and end time field from the action step.

Hey @mistergeko

As we can see from your workflow, you are previously passing the same start and date time in the date time field and since it is not possible that the event will be start and end at the same time.

Though we have made some changes from our end and now you can skip the start and end time field from the action step.
Thanks for the support Supreme!

I am not sure am I doing something wrong but I still get the start date as required in red and when I leave it empty I get this (in the attachment)

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 57

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mistergeko

Kindly reconnect the action step once and then try again. As we can test the same in your account it is working accordingly now.

1663052933393.png