• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Code by pabbly cannot read html snippet

Please see this 2 min video where I explain the problem.

When I implement the same code in a interpreter, the code executed fine, but not in code by pabbly. I think there is some problem in pabbly reading the html code. It is ignoring the html codes.

1725004724248.png

the workflow: https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjU3NjYwNTZkMDYzNjA0MzY1MjZlNTUzMzUxMzci_pc

Python:
import re 

def extract_main_text(html): 
    row_regex = re.compile(r'<tr.*?>(.*?)<\/tr>', re.DOTALL) 
    rows = row_regex.findall(html) 

# Prepare the output string 
    output = "Tradars Market Scanner Update:\n\nScore Flips\n\n" 

bear_to_bull = [] 
    bull_to_bear = [] 

# Extract data from rows 
    for i in range(1, len(rows)):  # start from 1 to skip header 
        columns = re.findall(r'<td.*?>(.*?)<\/td>', rows[i]) 

if len(columns) >= 3: 
            date = re.sub(r'<.*?>', '', columns[0]).strip()  # Get the date 
            bear_to_bull_text = re.search(r'<pre>(.*?)<\/pre>', columns[1]) 
            bull_to_bear_text = re.search(r'<pre>(.*?)<\/pre>', columns[2]) 

if bear_to_bull_text and bear_to_bull_text.group(1).strip(): 
                bear_to_bull.append(f"{bear_to_bull_text.group(1)}    at 🗓 {date}") 
            if bull_to_bear_text and bull_to_bear_text.group(1).strip(): 
                bull_to_bear.append(f"{bull_to_bear_text.group(1)}    at 🗓 {date}") 

# Append Bear to Bull scores if any exist 
    if bear_to_bull: 
        output += "Bear to Bull\n\n" 
        output += "\n".join(bear_to_bull) + '\n\n' 

# Append Bull to Bear scores if any exist 
    if bull_to_bear: 
        output += "Bull to Bear\n\n" 
        output += "\n".join(bull_to_bear) + '\n\n' 

output += "For more details, visit QuantBox: www.quantbox.co" 
    return output 

# Example HTML input 
html_input = """ 
<div id="m_5706983189435444783email" style="display:flex"> 
    <table border="1" style="border-collapse:collapse"> 
        <tbody> 
            <tr> 
                <th> Score Flips </th> 
                <th> Bear to Bull </th> 
                <th> Bull to Bear </th> 
            </tr> 
            <tr style="background-color:#dddddd;text-align:center"> 
                <td style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px">2024-08-27 10:57:59</td> 
                <td style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px"><pre>CHFJPY: -4 ➡ -8</pre></td> 
                <td style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px"><pre></pre></td> 
            </tr> 
            <tr style="text-align:center"> 
                <td style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px">2024-08-27 13:58:02</td> 
                <td style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px"><pre>EURAUD: -4 ➡ -5</pre></td> 
            </tr> 
            <tr style="background-color:#dddddd;text-align:center"> 
                <td style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px">2024-08-27 14:58:02</td> 
                <td style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px"><pre>SPX500: 3 ➡ 5</pre></td> 
            </tr> 
            <tr style="text-align:center"> 
                <td style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px">2024-08-27 20:58:01</td> 
                <td style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px"><pre>EURCAD: 4 ➡ 5</pre></td> 
            </tr> 
        </tbody> 
    </table> 
</div> 
""" 

# Execute the function and print the output 
formatted_output = extract_main_text(html_input) 
print(formatted_output)

I have. but the code takes the formatted text cannot do the operation that I want. the only operation it can do when I give it html tags. Therefore, I have to use the html tags with the python.

P

Pabblymember11

Kindly try parsing the simple text to the Python code to extract the data from it.

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @shahidul islam pranto
I've received an update from the technical team indicating that we currently do not support HTML in the 'Code by Pabbly' action step for further processing. Therefore, it may not be possible to parse the HTML table using your Python code. As an alternative, you might consider using the 'Text Formatter: Remove HTML Tag' action step to generate the response.