• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Date Manipulation, 20th following month

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeogrady

Hi,

I am generating invoice in to Xero from shopify.
I can pass the date from Shopify, or use the date add function to add X days, but I want to have 20th of the following month (account terms)

eg Shopify order created: '2022-11-07.....', I want to put '2022-12-20....' into Xero.

Cheers
Lee

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @leeogrady

I am generating invoice in to Xero from shopify.
I can pass the date from Shopify, or use the date add function to add X days, but I want to have 20th of the following month (account terms)
For your concern, we would recommend you use the "Date/Time Formatter by Pabbly: Add/Subtract Time" to add or subtract the time.

1669445959346.png

leeogrady

Thanks @Supreme, This is what i am using but it does not meet the requirements.
eg, i use the above app and set '+30 days'
on the 7th November this will make it '7th December' - incorrect, I want '20th December'
on the 30th January (2023) this will make it '1st March' - incorrect, I want this to be '20th February'

Credit terms of '20th of the month following invoice' are quite common, i would expect this would be a useful feature for many businesses.

Cheers
Lee

leeogrady

LOLLLLL. Sorry.

How can I do this automatically when the source date changes - every day...
Customers order every day, should I modify the flow every day to be one less day until a new month and then set the number higher again?

I need to be able to say +1month, and force it to be the 20th.

Cheers
Lee

Supreme

Staff member
I need to be able to say +1month, and force it to be the 20th.
Regarding your use case, a router step will be required to pass the date if it is beyond the 20th else it will pass the date accordingly.

Kindly refer to the following shared workflow for the logic.

leeogrady

Thanks Supreme. Router looks like a powerful step /function. The example is not quite doing what I am after but I think theres potential there. Will investigate more based on this example and post what i find.
cheers
Lee

Supreme

Staff member
You can also refer to the following video tutorial on how you can use the Router action step.

Status
Not open for further replies.