• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Default string value in custom app "Action" will not show up in default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalintro

Hi! Anyone know why string default values will not show up in the workflow when I try too add the app and action? Boolean values (default) works, but not strings..

1725889748311.png

Result:
1725889771457.png

Nivesh

Staff member
Hey @kalintro,

Thank you for connecting with us.

Please note that the default value will not appear on the frontend. Instead, it is internally configured and automatically passed when there is no user response. This setup ensures that when the action is executed, the default value will be reflected in the JSON response, rather than being visible in the input field.

As I have tried with Boolean it will not reflect the value that I will put up on the default as shown in the attachments.

Best regards,
Nivesh Jain

Attachments

• Pabbly-Connect-Integration-Team-Chat.png
    Pabbly-Connect-Integration-Team-Chat.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image (22).png
    image (22).png
    29.7 KB · Views: 5

kalintro

Thank you for the clarification @Nivesh !

Do you also know why my Authroization connection only works if i add a default value in the action header?

1725967103871.png

Connection in the workflow which fails when i manually add the api key when the default value is empty:

1725967205301.png

Attachments

• 1725967082684.png
    1725967082684.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 4

Nivesh

Staff member
Hey @kalintro,

I wanted to inform you that the API key should be passed in the query parameter, for example, {{api_key}}. The connection setup will follow the configuration from the App section page, and the authorization will be handled accordingly. Ensure that the same field type and naming are used in the default settings, and then try again—it should work.

For more details visit here: Learn more

Let me know if that helps you.

kalintro

@Nivesh Thank you, it solved it!

One last question: is it possible to add some "if else" logic to the raw body? For example, I want the selfEncrypt object only to be present IF the Algorithm parameter is NOT empty and has a value, is there a way to do that (the blue should then not be present or just {} if there is not a value present in Algorithm?
1725992014223.png

Nivesh

Staff member
Hey @kalintro,

I’m glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you.

In this case, you'll need to provide a default value for all selfencrypt fields. The default value should be "{{pc_skip_field_with_parent}}".

By setting this default value, if the "selfencrypt" fields are empty, the "selfencrypt" object will be removed from the JSON raw body. This is necessary because there is no way to use an "if-else" statement directly within the JSON.

Feel free to reach out if you encounter any further issues. I’ll be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
Nivesh Jain

Status
Not open for further replies.