• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Difficult to integrate formaloo with another app in pabbly due to frequent system hang.

Anupam

It looks like integrating formaloo with another app is very difficult in pabbly connect due to frequent hanging of pabbly connect.
I feel this is because pabbly connect captures massive amount of data from formaloo (when the form is filled).
Instead of allowing only readable data in the integration field, Pabbly connect downloads massive data like multiple rendered data and other data. Why not only have readable data there?
Due to this , the dropdown in pabbly connect is so enormous that it causes the entire system to hang / fail. It is very very time consuming to create an integration of formaloo with another app. And add to that if the form has drop downs with a massive number of parameters like localities of India, then it freezes fully. Is there anything we can do about this?

P

PabblyMember3

I have checked your workflow and found that, the response received JSON from Formaloo is too large and about 1.4MB in size (This is the size of plain JSON).

When Pabbly Connect renders this JSON data in a browser in proper Key:Value pair and associated HTML/CSS it takes time and resulting browser memory consumption.

That's why you are getting loading issues in setting up your workflow. But, once you setup your workflow, you will not get any issue in automation.

I have also checked your other workflow and tried to setup the Grist action, It worked perfectly fine without any issues. Please check this video: https://www.screenpresso.com/=7kQGg

I would recommend you to send JSON from Formaloo app of size less than 1 MB. So that, you can easily setup your workflow.

Anupam

Thank you for your reply. I saw your screenshot and you have completed step only till table selection (Students). If Formaloo is there before Grist, and we try updating any fields, then Formaloo causes serious lag in the system (pabbly) even if it is a simple form with less than 25 fields.

Yes, once setup it works fine. But the issue is setting up (even integrating single formaloo form with another app) takes whole day defeating the overall purpose of automation.

QUOTE: I would recommend you to send JSON from Formaloo app of size less than 1 MB. So that, you can easily setup your workflow.

How do I do that? Formaloo is a third party app and I am integrating formaloo with grist using pabbly. So ideally pabbly and formaloo should look into it together for better customer experience? I think Pabbly should not be importing such a massive rendered values from Formaloo. It should be just readable values. Should i reach out to Formaloo for this?

Anupam

are both rendered data and readable data required for integration of formaloo with third party app? I think rendered data appearing in Pabbly is 90% and readable data is only 10%. For integration, only readable data is required. Cant we make it only readable data there in pabbly drop down or I am not understanding technology? Or does this come under purview of Formaloo?

P

PabblyMember3

are both rendered data and readable data required for integration of formaloo with third party app? I think rendered data appearing in Pabbly is 90% and readable data is only 10%. For integration, only readable data is required. Cant we make it only readable data there in pabbly drop down or I am not understanding technology? Or does this come under purview of Formaloo?
As rendering involves a all the basic UI resources like HTML/CSS/JavaScript and which are globally used throughout the application.
We cannot make any changes to our structure as it may affect the whole UI of the application.

As I have recommended you, the JSON size is too large more than 1MB which includes a lot of information, sending that much information in webhooks are not practiced by any other applications. Contact the Formaloo team and I guess you can make changes to your form to accept details in different-different forms instead of asking in a single form.

I hope it will reduce the JSON size and things will be easy for each one of us.

Anupam

Thank you for your kind reply and such a clear message as well as this amazing support. Though i am not tech person, I can understand what you are saying. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

1. Formaloo is sending lot of unnecessary information over webhooks. Even the information not required is being sent by formaloo over webhooks. Hence if Formaloo team limits this information to only information that is needed, it should work. I was also surprised that in the rendered value section of formaloo dropdown, same value appears 4 times. [If Formaloo supports here by modifying the webhook, this would be easiest solution for me]

2. Otherwise , the best would be to implement two forms which will consume two pabbly credits but my system will be faster [I am reluctant to do this because my pabbly credits would be exhausted soon]

Please confirm if my understanding of both 1 and 2 above are correct.

Anupam

Just an aside question: Is this forum built on Pabbly's own software? Is this also available to purchase (like Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification)? This seems to be amazing platform.

P

PabblyMember3

1. Formaloo is sending lot of unnecessary information over webhooks. Even the information not required is being sent by formaloo over webhooks. Hence if Formaloo team limits this information to only information that is needed, it should work. I was also surprised that in the rendered value section of formaloo dropdown, same value appears 4 times. [If Formaloo supports here by modifying the webhook, this would be easiest solution for me]
I am not sure about which is the unnecessary data but you can report this matter to them and ask them how they can optimize their webhook sending request for such a lengthy forms.

2. Otherwise , the best would be to implement two forms which will consume two pabbly credits but my system will be faster [I am reluctant to do this because my pabbly credits would be exhausted soon]
Depends upon your use case and the data received in Pabbly Connect.

Just an aside question: Is this forum built on Pabbly's own software? Is this also available to purchase (like Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification)? This seems to be amazing platform.
Pabbly Forum is not our own product it's a different one called XenForo, you can search about it on internet.