• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Discord Triggers?

jonberry

Hi, I just joined, told my boss we'd be saving a lot of money, spent nearly $1,000 and now see that Pabbly can't connect to my Discord server. It was listed CLEARLY as an option while selling me the benefits of Pabbly. Please advise.

Fagun Shah

Hi, I just joined, told my boss we'd be saving a lot of money, spent nearly $1,000 and now see that Pabbly can't connect to my Discord server. It was listed CLEARLY as an option while selling me the benefits of Pabbly. Please advise.
They do have Discord as actions but not as triggers. Bcoz discord team is taking long time to approve their application.

jonberry

They do have Discord as actions but not as triggers. Bcoz discord team is taking long time to approve their application.

So, is it discontinued or is it pending approval? Also, as I reply to this, look at the ad right here in the forum. Implies a true Discord connection. Only found out after purchasing that I can’t use it.

Attachments

• 5D6E0C2F-9D21-4C6B-BA96-9EED3EEEACA7.png
    5D6E0C2F-9D21-4C6B-BA96-9EED3EEEACA7.png
    567.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 5FC8A4A0-38CB-4879-B50E-2A652F51C078.jpeg
    5FC8A4A0-38CB-4879-B50E-2A652F51C078.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 58

Fagun Shah

It is pending approval since many months, but no response from discord team.

That no ad, but it a LinkPreview of the link I share for available integration with discord.

Each app has two type of integration - Triggers and Actions.

Discord has action but no triggers until Discord team complete the approval procoess.

You can still use the Action for Discord but no triggers. So integration is there.

1646454929687.png

jonberry

Thank you for clarifying. Hopefully Discord will approve it in the future. In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas for pinging Pabbly with new Discord channel posts? Either an outward push or some other service that plays nice with Pabbly? I'd rather not push posts to Google Sheets, then pull from there, or any other intermediary if a straight pass thru is known.

jonberry

So I’m working to create a bridge between Discord and Slack so I can replicate the functionality of a Discord trigger. In doing so I need to register an app with Discord. Couldn’t Pabbly devs require us to do the same so we get our own individual bot/app and config/provide Pabbly with the app ID and key? I know I’m beating a dead horse but seems possible.

jonberry

I've come up with a workaround. I created a new free Slack server, set up a bot on the Discord dev area, set up a Bot for Slack and used something called Matterbridge to connect the two. It's an open source chat bridge available on Github. Not sure if external links are allowed in this forum, so just search Github. I have Matterbridge running as a background process on a Linux web server. Config is basic, but there are a lot of steps with the bots and such. If anyone needs this while we hopefully wait on a Discord trigger, hit me up and I'll gladly help out.

Jackel

Hey
I've come up with a workaround. I created a new free Slack server, set up a bot on the Discord dev area, set up a Bot for Slack and used something called Matterbridge to connect the two. It's an open source chat bridge available on Github. Not sure if external links are allowed in this forum, so just search Github. I have Matterbridge running as a background process on a Linux web server. Config is basic, but there are a lot of steps with the bots and such. If anyone needs this while we hopefully wait on a Discord trigger, hit me up and I'll gladly help out.
I am new to Pabbly and really needed a Discord message channel forwarded to a webhook, I'd love to know if you found a great walkaround for this or is the Slack bot the best you have found?

Supreme

Staff member
I am new to Pabbly and really needed a Discord message channel forwarded to a webhook, I'd love to know if you found a great walkaround for this or is the Slack bot the best you have found?
We have replied to your query on your other thread, please check that out.