• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

• Please note that the team will not be available on April 17th, 2024, due to a public holiday in India.

During this period, support assistance may experience some delays.

Dynamic PDF Attachment with 'good' name

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian

Hi

I'm trying to send a PDF gift card as a Gmail attachment to people who fill out a form (via web-hook).

I've got everything to work. The only thing that is still not working is I want the PDF to be named what I called it in the upload file stage, or give it some 'nice sounding' name. At the moment, it names it "UC" in the attachment; and before it was naming it "export".

How can I use the original name of the file, or at least a generic name I choose, like "gift-card.pdf"?

See attached file of what I have built so far, plus a picture of what currently it sends. The workflow is called "Create Dynamic Giftcard" in my account.

Attachments

• want-renamed.JPG
    want-renamed.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 51
  • generated-pdf-from-google-doc.JPG
    generated-pdf-from-google-doc.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 55
  • screencapture-connect-pabbly-workflow-mapping-Ijc2ODAzIg-3D-3D-2021-06-08-16_49_14.png
    screencapture-connect-pabbly-workflow-mapping-Ijc2ODAzIg-3D-3D-2021-06-08-16_49_14.png
    643.5 KB · Views: 69

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
As of now, we don't have the option for renaming the PDF created. We have shared this requirement with the integration team and they should be able to provide this option in the next update.

We will make sure to notify you once the option for renaming is available.

ian

Thank you, I'll take a look at this (will be useful for a future project). However, I need to email this as a PDF attachment via "Gmail task", so it will still be named 'export.pdf'

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
We have added the option to provide a Name to the attachment as well. Now the "UC" issue should not appear anymore. Please check at your end -

1624091551377.png

ian

Hi, are you able to look at my workflow. It is re-naming it fine; but instead of attaching PDF's It is exporting "file" type. i.e. some unknown file type.

The workflow where I'm testing is called "CLONE - [Gift of Crypto- Create Dynamic Gift-card]"

see attachment of what is coming through. I've tried a couple of the steps to get it to work. (only need to send one file FYI).

Thank you
Ian

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 49

ian

I've tried each of these individually as well... I just need to be able to send one of these files as a PDF.

Thank you
Ian

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 41

ian

full workflow

Attachments

• screencapture-connect-pabbly-workflow-mapping-Ijg3MTk2Ig-3D-3D-2021-06-20-15_34_56.png
    screencapture-connect-pabbly-workflow-mapping-Ijg3MTk2Ig-3D-3D-2021-06-20-15_34_56.png
    663.7 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.