• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Email Parser - Apostraphe issues

Shadow

I am using the Email Parser -> Text Formatter -> Text Parser to pull text data from gmails to send to a google sheet.

One of my fields sometimes has apostraphes. When choosing a field from the text parser, I choose a field and the data in that field is displayed. Text with apostraphes is rendered correctly, showing apostraphes, BUT the extracted text has converted the apostraphes to escaped text ( ' ). This escaped text is what is sent to my google sheet.

My first thought was to use the Text Formatter -> Replace Text to fix this, BUT because the apostraphe is rendered correctly when choosing a field to replace text from, my pattern match to fix this will fail because the escaped text isn't present.

So...how do I fix this so the data sent to my google sheet after pulling everything from the email using the email parser will actually show apostraphes instead of escaped text??

Attachments

• Screenshot_pabbly1.jpg
    Screenshot_pabbly1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 54

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Shadow

Kindly refresh your workflow tab, remap the data field again and then try again. Though we have tested the same at our end and it is not converting Apostraphe into Unicode.

Kindly try again and let us know if the issue still persists.

2022-05-06_15h58_16.png

Shadow

Thanks for your response, but it didn't work.

I recaptured the email response and deleted the step that parsed that filed and created a new step to do it...and got the same result. When capturing from the body text field from the email parser, I get the samething.

Here is a video showing me follow your instructions and you can see the error stays: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18sjYqABKbUKjOCsbwG2bTx4ZafgdkZkT/view?usp=sharing

The attached picture shows the same end result.

Attachments

• Screenshot_pabbly2.jpg
    Screenshot_pabbly2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 44

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Shadow

We cehck the same at our end and it is working fine. But in your workflow, it is converting Unicode perhaps from the source it is taking the Apostrophe as Unicode.

Though as a solution you can use the "Text Formatter: Replace Text" action event to replace the Unicode with an Apostrophe.

2022-05-10_11h51_20.png