• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

email parser html

kbalmer

Hi there,

I've had a search and could not find this - hope it's not a duplicate.

I have set up the email parser to collect emails into a Google sheet

Specifically the emails:
1. arrive in a gmail inbox
2. get automatically fowarded to my pabbly email parser address
3. the parser automation email information to a connected Google Sheet

It works for the majority of emails. However on some I get a response code for the body text like this:

"Hello, You have received a newsletter from 8AM. However, your email software can't display HTML emails. You can view the newsletter by clicking here: https://mail.get8am.com/emails/webview/322914/87888809618834698 You're receiving this newsletter because you have shown interest in 8AM. Not interested anymore? Click here to unsubscribe: https://mail.get8am.com/unsubscribe...e2057d4821468668f175f568f9f2ba0db976ab387ae2d"

Is there a fix here?

Is it the pabbly connect inbox that cannot read/display html? Can I "convert" the message at some point in the flow?

Or do I need to send the emails directly to the mail @pcmailhook.com address? The problem here is that most are newsletters and I need to confirm my subscription (which I can't do without accessing the pcmailhook inbox)

Thanks so much

Arshita

Staff member
Hello @kbalmer

Please provide us with a screenshot of the issue you're facing so that we can better understand the problem and provide you with a solution.

kbalmer

Sure. This is a screenshot of the Google Sheet
Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 18.56.24.png

as you can see the text being added to the sheet by Pabbly (via the email parser) is basically an error -ie. "your email software cannot display properly"

That particular one is "Hello, You have received a newsletter from Goodnewsletter. However, your email software can't display HTML emails."

Another is "Hello, You have received a newsletter from 8AM. However, your email software can't display HTML emails. "

the original emails are arriving in Gmail. They display perfectly well there
I have an auto forwarder set up to send the emails to the pabbly email parser.
The output is sent to this google sheet. But the pabbly email parser can't read and/or export the html?

Thanks

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
That particular one is "Hello, You have received a newsletter from Goodnewsletter. However, your email software can't display HTML emails."
Can you please forward that specific email newsletter to [email protected] so that we can do a few tests on our end to confirm whether a bug persists or not?

In general, the Pabbly Connect email parser is fully combability with HTML emails as well.

kbalmer

Can you please forward that specific email newsletter to [email protected] so that we can do a few tests on our end to confirm whether a bug persists or not?

In general, the Pabbly Connect email parser is fully combability with HTML emails as well.
Thanks for that - I've forwarded over the email. Time 17:32 on May 17th.

Thanks so much

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @kbalmer

Thank you for sharing.

We have tested the HTML content which you are receiving from the email parser, and we can confirm that it is successfully capturing the HTML without any issues. We conducted tests with the HTML content on a website and found that it is correctly showing the body without any problems.

Screenshot or your reference:
1684407415101.png

Also, we have forwarded the same HTML file to our Gmail account, and it was received without any issues or error messages.

2023-05-18_16h28_17.png

Then, we proceeded to send the HTML file to a Google Sheet, and once again, it was successfully received without triggering any "your email software can't display HTML emails" message.
2023-05-18_16h29_54.png

Based on our whole testing, it appears that the issue is with your inbox settings.
To resolve this issue, we recommend reaching out to the support team of your inbox provider. They will be able to assist you with this.