• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Email Parser not showing full body text

Status
Not open for further replies.

amas

Hi,
I am using the email parser but I can only get a small part of the body text and the body html.

As you can see in the attached image, the trigger action only shows 478 characters and then three dots.

I´ve tested different types of emails and sending domains and the showed text lenght varies but I can never get all the text.
Of note, I have previous workflows working well, but now It now it doesn't seem to work.

Any help?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-10-17 a las 10.01.30.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-10-17 a las 10.01.30.png
    179 KB · Views: 81

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @amas

Please share the name of the workflow once so that we can look into it and can guide you accordingly.

Tirezyas

Hi Team, I am having the same issues described above. Since I am not getting all the text from Body HTML and Body Text section, I am not able to get the data that I want. I tried it on an existing workflow and I also created a new workflow but the same problem happens.

The workflows are:
eBay Item Sold Extraction
eBay_Wal

Please, help me with this.

Thanks.

Attachments

• screenshot-connect.pabbly.com-2022.10.18-00_58_58.png
    screenshot-connect.pabbly.com-2022.10.18-00_58_58.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 65

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tirezyas @amas

The trigger and action responses will show the API response up to 500 characters long; after that, they will display any truncated characters as triple dots. Note that the data will still be there and it's just that in the front end, it will not be shown for resource optimization. Additionally, up to 250 key-value pairs will appear on the screen if the user is recording the response in an advanced format.

However, in real time, it will deliver the entire data from Pabbly's server to the application without truncation, and the workflow will work without any issues.

Tirezyas

So how do I filter through to get the data that I want? I have no clue how the data is presented. For example, how do I do a text match before and after? For some filters, I need to use the HTML tags to help me get the specific data that I want, etc...

In the past, I use to see the whole text body or html body to help me pick the right text formatter to get the specific data that I want (find, replace, split etc...)
How do you suggest I do it now that I can't see the whole text?

Thanks.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tirezyas

Even after the truncated data in the data label, it will process the complete data in the action step further, It will only display the content as truncated but it is fully functional in the live execution as well as in the mapping of the workflow.

Tirezyas

I feel like you did not understand what I am trying to say. Let's take a different approach.
The trigger and action responses will show the API response up to 500 characters long; after that, they will display any truncated characters as triple dots.

Now I have an email with 5000 characters. 4500 characters are truncated into dots. how do I use the text match before or text match after from the html body text to get the data that I want when I can't even see how the html text is presented from the 4500 truncated characters? Do you understand what I am saying?

Some of the HTML body text have <order#> or <city> or <name> or <price> tags which I use to help me get the text before or after. If I can't see them, then how am I going to get the data that I want?

Is there something I can do to get the full HTML body or raw text body of the entire email? Or is there a way to get that?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tirezyas

We have increased the character limit from our end in the trigger and action steps response. So, please try once at your end and let us know if that helps you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.