• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Email Parser>Text Format>Slack - test works, real email fails

FrankGibson

Hi,
Hope I have understood how Pabbly Connect should work - I've set my gmail to forward to the Pabbly email - double checked the email and forwarding is working. Email is captured by Pabbly.

Next action (text formatted by Pabbly) is to extract a 6 digit code using regex, extracted from the body text in the step above. Again, testing extracts the correct code (2 codes are actually extracted). See screenshot. I use result 0 in the next step.

Next Step is to take the first code extracted and send to a Slack channel. again testing works, I can trigger an email and the correct code gets extracted and send to slack. But this morning I got a message send to slack with the code 33333 - which I have no idea where that came from! It should have extracted 749584.

Once the workflow is setup and active it should process the flow using the data from the email that caused the trigger, right?
Thanks for any help,
Frank Gibson

Attachments

• msedge_2022-06-14_10-12-17.png
    msedge_2022-06-14_10-12-17.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 2022-06-14_10-17-00.png
    2022-06-14_10-17-00.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 60

FrankGibson

So I can see now checking the body text I have found color:#333333 which explains the code that was sent to slack. I guess I need to improve my regex! I want to extract the code that sits in the middle of the text 'If this was you, enter the code below to sign in to Zoom. 749584 The code will expire in 10 minutes.'

Supreme

Staff member
So I can see now checking the body text I have found color:#333333 which explains the code that was sent to slack. I guess I need to improve my regex! I want to extract the code that sits in the middle of the text 'If this was you, enter the code below to sign in to Zoom. 749584 The code will expire in 10 minutes.'
Sound good!

Do let us know if you need any help with Regex. We will assist you accordingly.

FrankGibson

Hi again,
I still can't get this to work. As per above, the regex does extract the code from the email and sends the message to the slack channel. But the code is missing. the last execution was task id IjU3NjcwNTZlMDYzZTA0MzE1MjZjNTUzNzUxMzQ1MTYyNTQzMCI_3D_pc

the text formatter should extract the code 467132 from the data text but doesn't. Would really love to get this working if anyone can assist me, thank you.

FrankGibson

Just to add - I've just updated the regex to
Code:
(?<=enter the code below to sign in to Zoom.)(.*)(?=Please review)
which extracts this - I have no idea why I get 2 identical results. I don't think the extract is the issue (as the previous regex ( \d{6} )(\b|$) was also extracting the code - but it would aways fail at the next step sending to slack.

1670971225556.png

Supreme

Staff member
which extracts this - I have no idea why I get 2 identical results. I don't think the extract is the issue (as the previous regex ( \d{6} )(\b|$) was also extracting the code - but it would aways fail at the next step sending to slack.

Perhaps the regex which you have picked might generate 2 responses. Kindly give it a try with the 1st response.

FrankGibson

Perhaps the regex which you have picked might generate 2 responses. Kindly give it a try with the 1st response.
Not sure what you mean, but I do only use 1 result to send to slack. The only thing that Slack receives is 'The code will expire in 10 minutes.' but not code?!
1671022990949.png

Supreme

Staff member
As you can see from your latest task history id, your workflow didn't get the codes accordingly.

1671082550463.png

Though we have added a Text Parser action step in your workflow to extract the code which you can later pass in the Slack action step as mentioned below.

Kindly check that out and give it a try.

1671082280751.png