• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

email report - daily appointments

aristosv

I would like to send an email every day at 00:00, containing the Google Calendar appointments for that day. Just the summary of each appointment will do fine.

1.png

I know how to read all the appointments in a Google Calendar and how send the email.

But I don't know how to limit the result for that specific day only.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aristosv

I know how to read all the appointments in a Google Calendar and how send the email.

But I don't know how to limit the result for that specific day only.
Could you please elaborate on the second part of your concern and let us know if you have any existing workflow where you have tried the same.

aristosv

Basically I need a daily email, showing me the appointments for the day. A simple list with the "Summary" field for each appointment. I haven't created any workflow yet because I don't know which logic to follow to achieve my goal.

I don't know if I should pull all the events in a calendar and then filter the ones for the current date. Or somehow pull the events for the current date only.

Also, once I have the a list of events, how do I pick up only the summaries for all the events and email them? Do I put them in a Google sheet? Is there a way to email them directly?

I just need suggestions on the logic I must follow.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aristosv

Please check out the following shared workflow for your concerning use case. Kindly try this at your end and let us know if that works for you.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aristosv

You have to capture the API response in Advance response by toggling the "Simple Response" button. Please check the shared workflow carefully.

2022-04-13_16h22_51.png

aristosv

It seems to be working, but in the email I receive, there's only one appointment, and it's the one detected when clicking on "Save and Send Test Request" on the iterator. The workflow name is "Report Testing". Can you have a look please?

aristosv

When I let the schedule run the workflow, the task history shows that it's processing a lot more data. But it never reaches the part where it sends the email

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aristosv

Perhaps you do not have the presents day's date event in your Google Calendar and because of that mail didn't send to anyone.

Kindly check the date in your Google Calendar and try again.

2022-04-14_12h02_00.png

aristosv

I didn't understand. Where is the information missing from? The calendar event? Or in my workflow?
I checked all the steps in the workflow and they all produce results.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aristosv

checked all the steps in the workflow and they all produce results.

Your workflow didn't send the notification because your respective Google Calendar didn't have any event on 13/04/2022.

Kindly make an event of the current days and then try again.

aristosv

ok now I got an email, but, I received an email for each appointment of that day. So I have 6 appointments for today, I received 6 emails containing the information for each appointment. I need to receive 1 email containing the information for all the appointments of the day.

aristosv

this method will not work because: as per the Google Calendar's API Google Calendar's Get All Event always retrieves the events from Old to new and it can only provide 250 events at a time.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aristosv

We have replied to your use case on your another thread, kindly check that out.