• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Error code 403 - Increasing the number of parents is not allowed - google forms to google drive

Hi, I watched the "How to create Google Drive Folders from New Google Forms Responses - Google Forms to Google Drive" and set up an automation. But, in the process of moving file from the google forms to the created sub folder after splitting the ID using text formatter, I'm facing an error. The file is not being moved into the sub folder. It throws an error 403. The error message is "Increasing the number of parents is not allowed" and the error reason is "cannotAddParent". How can I rectify it?

Attachments

• error 403.jpg
    error 403.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 56

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Pabbly_User_05,

'Error 403 - Increasing the number of parents is not allowed' occurs when you try to place a file in multiple parent folders; every file must have exactly one parent folder location.

Please share your workflow with us at the provided email address so that we can gain a better understanding of your issue.
Email: [email protected]
Also, remember to revoke access once your query has been resolved.

Attaching a video for your reference:

Arshita

Staff member
Hello @Pabbly_User_05

It appears that you are experiencing an error while trying to move files into a single folder in Google Drive.

This error could be occurring because the Google Drive API has a limit on the number of files that can be moved to a single folder. This limit is in place to prevent the folder hierarchy from becoming too complex.

To resolve this issue, it is recommended that you review the current folder hierarchy and ensure that you are not attempting to move a file or folder to a location where it would exceed the maximum number of allowed parent folders.

In this case, I suggest that you try moving the file to another folder and see if it works. If the issue persists, please let me know.

Hi @Pabbly_User_05,

'Error 403 - Increasing the number of parents is not allowed' occurs when you try to place a file in multiple parent folders; every file must have exactly one parent folder location.

Please share your workflow with us at the provided email address so that we can gain a better understanding of your issue.
Email: [email protected]
Also, remember to revoke access once your query has been resolved.

Attaching a video for your reference:

Hello, thank you for your reply. I've shared you the workflow. Kindly, look into it and help me resolve the issue at the earliest

Hello @Pabbly_User_05

It appears that you are experiencing an error while trying to move files into a single folder in Google Drive.

This error could be occurring because the Google Drive API has a limit on the number of files that can be moved to a single folder. This limit is in place to prevent the folder hierarchy from becoming too complex.

To resolve this issue, it is recommended that you review the current folder hierarchy and ensure that you are not attempting to move a file or folder to a location where it would exceed the maximum number of allowed parent folders.

In this case, I suggest that you try moving the file to another folder and see if it works. If the issue persists, please let me know.
I checked it out but I still could not resolve it

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Pabbly_User_05

Based on the information provided, it appears that there is an issue with the file that you are attempting to move into a folder.

We have tested this by creating a new file and attempting to move it into the same folder in which you are moving the folder, and it was successful. Therefore, we suggest that you create a new file and attempt to move it into the desired folder to capture the response.

2023-04-20_12h19_58.png
2023-04-20_12h19_50.png

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Hey @Pabbly_User_05

Based on the information provided, it appears that there is an issue with the file that you are attempting to move into a folder.

We have tested this by creating a new file and attempting to move it into the same folder in which you are moving the folder, and it was successful. Therefore, we suggest that you create a new file and attempt to move it into the desired folder to capture the response.

View attachment 24761View attachment 24760

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.
Thanks for the reply. I want to upload a response file in a google form to the subfolder. So, how does creating a new file help me with my use case?

Our integration team is currently working on, it since it might require a new action step to pass the file in a subfolder.
Hello! When will it be resolved? It's kind of a business requirement for my work team. Kindly, look into it. Thanks in advance.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Pabbly_User_05

We have added the desired action step of Google Drive in the current integration.

Please use that for your need and let us know if that works for you.

1683116166526.png

Supreme

Staff member
We have made the new changes in the action step from our end in the "Move a File" action step and the error is still coming from your Google Drive.

1683268672696.png

So, we recommend you once check the issue with the Google Workspace team or the Google support team.