• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Exporting from one google sheets to two google sheets with a condition parameter

ict_iqhub

I have an employee database sheet where the sheet has all the data for both day and night sheet. I want to send the existing data as well as all the future data that is captured by google forms into two seperate sheets as per the shift. How do I proceed?

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @ict_iqhub

If you want to send data from one Google Sheet to two different Google Sheets, then you need to use the Router feature in your workflow. This feature works as an action step and allows you to send data to different Google Sheets based on predefined conditions. With the Router feature, you can easily segment your data and send it to different sheets without any confusion or manual work.

To use the Router feature, you need to set conditions in your workflow so that the data is routed to the appropriate sheet.

You can refer to the related video tutorial to better understand how to set up and use the Router feature in your workflow.

ict_iqhub

Thank you Arshita for your quick response. I have tried doing the same but facing some errors as I did not explain fully my need. Also after exploring more features in Pabbly, I am hereby explaining how I want to entire workflow to work.

There is an existing google form "Emp Info" and the corresponding google sheet "Emp Info (Responses)" associated with it which has employee data for both Day Shift and Night Shift. This form is filled up by the new employees. I want a single form for some reasons.

I want to send the data of each sheet into two separate google sheets files namely "DS Emp Database" and "NS Emp Database" to be accessible by the respective managers of the shifts. However, there needs to be a check before that to see if all the NS/DS data rows of "Emp Info (Responses)" are present in the respective "DS Emp Database" and "NS Emp Database" files.
1. If yes, then it should add the new entry from the Google Form "Emp Info" to the respective DS/NS Shifts file.
2. If not, then it should first copy the existing/missing data from "Emp Info (Responses)" Sheet to the respective DS/NS Emp Database files and then add the new entry.

Now, two more points to this.
1. There is some data like "Date of Joining, Matrix Emp Code, Professional Contract Signed - Yes/No and ID Card Issued - Date" that the respective DS/NS Managers need to fill to their respective sheets which I want to capture via a google form and not manual entry into the respective DS/NS Emp Database files. The tracking for each employee is done through a unique EMP No. How do I capture the data of the form and add the data in the existing columns of the DS/NS Emp Database files through the unique EMP No?

2. Similarly, when the employees leave the organization, I want the manager to fill a form which records their last day of working and adds that date to the respective column of the concerned DS/NS Emp Database file through the unique EMP No? Also, it should edit the Column entry of "Currently Employed" from Yes to No.

If you want, we can setup a AnyDesk session where you can guide me through the steps and we can setup the workflow.

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @ict_iqhub

Based on my understanding of your specific use case, it appears that incorporating a router into your current workflow would effectively resolve the issue you are experiencing with conditions. By implementing this solution, you should be able to streamline your workflow and avoid any potential complications that may arise from the current setup.

1. There is some data like "Date of Joining, Matrix Emp Code, Professional Contract Signed - Yes/No and ID Card Issued - Date" that the respective DS/NS Managers need to fill to their respective sheets which I want to capture via a google form and not manual entry into the respective DS/NS Emp Database files. The tracking for each employee is done through a unique EMP No. How do I capture the data of the form and add the data in the existing columns of the DS/NS Emp Database files through the unique EMP No?
If you are trying to put the above-mentioned details then it will be necessary for you to include a lookup table in your action step. Furthermore, we offer a variety of informative videos on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@Pabbly that cover topics related to using lookup tables and other related subjects. These videos may prove useful to you as you work towards creating your desired workflow.

We encourage you to attempt implementing the lookup table on your own and do let us know if you get stuck in any step, so we can check it for you.