• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Failure when sending email with receipt

jaracol

I need to send a payment receipt to some clients that previously fill the information in a GOOGLE FORM. It is not sent automatically but once I finish including some extra data and once put that data, I fill the column that executes the sending of the mail with the attached Receipt in PDF, but the problem is that it is sending the mail along with the receipt once the form has been filled by the customer.

I need to know why this is happening if I am supposed to be following instructions accurately.

I am sending screenshots:

2022-09-29_23h03_56.png
2022-09-29_23h08_03.png

2022-09-29_23h09_20.png
2022-09-29_23h05_10.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @jaracol

Could you please briefly elaborate on your concern once, so that we can look into it and can guide you accordingly?

jaracol

I have DATA in GOOGLE SHEET that previously was filled by customers that is my TRIGGER.

Then I have a RECEIPT TEMPLATE made in a GOOGLE DOC which is filled in with the information collected.

1664533861296.png

The next ACTION is to mail that PDF to the customers, but before sending it I gather other information that the customer does not provide me, so the column that executes the process of making the receipt and sending the mail is the last one as indicated. The problem I have is that before I fill the last column to make the ACTION of the receipt and mail, it executes and sends the receipt but with incomplete information and also the mail without the remaining information.

I am sorry, but it is very difficult for me to explain it, not only because English is not my first language, but also because it is difficult for me to explain what the problem is.

Supreme

Staff member
I have DATA in GOOGLE SHEET that previously was filled by customers that is my TRIGGER.

Then I have a RECEIPT TEMPLATE made in a GOOGLE DOC which is filled in with the information collected.

View attachment 16370

The next ACTION is to mail that PDF to the customers, but before sending it I gather other information that the customer does not provide me, so the column that executes the process of making the receipt and sending the mail is the last one as indicated. The problem I have is that before I fill the last column to make the ACTION of the receipt and mail, it executes and sends the receipt but with incomplete information and also the mail without the remaining information.

I am sorry, but it is very difficult for me to explain it, not only because English is not my first language, but also because it is difficult for me to explain what the problem is.

Please check your triggering column whether it is the last column till you want to pass the data or not.

jaracol

Please check your triggering column whether it is the last column till you want to pass the data or not.
Yes the triggering column is the last
2022-09-30_09h30_19.png
2022-09-30_09h32_15.png

But still is sending two emails the first one sends it once the GOOGLE FORM is filled (which I have not programmed it for that) and which is mistaken and incomplete but the other one is sent once I trigger the last column which is exactly what I want, but meanwhile the client received the wrong one...

2022-09-30_09h37_47.png

Supreme

Staff member
Yes the triggering column is the lastView attachment 16380View attachment 16381
But still is sending two emails the first one sends it once the GOOGLE FORM is filled (which I have not programmed it for that) and which is mistaken and incomplete but the other one is sent once I trigger the last column which is exactly what I want, but meanwhile the client received the wrong one...

View attachment 16382

Could you please check and share the workflow name in which you are using the same Google Sheets?

jaracol

Hey @jaracol

Kindly switch on the workflow and try again. Let us know if the issue still persists.
Hi
It´s me again

It is clear that when the client fills out the form he/she receives the mail and receipt and that is not what I am looking for.

2022-10-03_21h05_11.png

As you can see, in yellow is the email that the clients received once they filled out the form and in green when I executed it once I filled out with the rest of the information in the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hi
It´s me again

It is clear that when the client fills out the form he/she receives the mail and receipt and that is not what I am looking for.

View attachment 16473
As you can see, in yellow is the email that the clients received once they filled out the form and in green when I executed it once I filled out with the rest of the information in the spreadsheet.
Now, could you please elaborate on your situation and the issue which you are facing with the help of short recorded video.