• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Filter by success or error of previous step

Nicola

Hi - is it possible to create a filter or router based on whether a previous step was successful or not?

In a few of my workflows there is a trigger when something happens like a user unsubscribes, then we need to search an Airtable database to find that user. Ideally I'd like to then use a router to do something if the user does exist, and do something else if it doesn't. Is this possible?

I've tried setting up a filter for Record Id Does Not Exist but that's not working because the step is just returning an error if there's no record and so the workflow doesn't continue. Is there another way to do this?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Nicola

Apart from the Router and Filter action step, there is no workaround to check for the failed task in the workflow.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Nicola

You can check your complete history log once for the failed, partially failed and failed tasks.

1671773402556.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Nicola

No, it is not possible to process the failed or partially failed task from the Router and Filter action step.

You can check the output of the previous step, normally if the task failed, you would gen some error message field instead of the normal data, so checking if the specified field exists in the output of the previous step (using a router), might be the right way.