• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Find client by email with Invoice Ninja

davidw

I want to create invoices in Invoice Ninja from orders in WooCommerce. This is how I planned my Pabbly automation:

1. New order in WooCommerce
2. Find client in Invoice Ninja
3. Create an invoice with details from Step 2 and customer details from Step 2

However, I'm stuck on Step 2. There is no way to find a customer by their email address in Invoice Ninja. I can only find by Name, ID and ID Number.
Searching by customer name is too generic and returns multiple results from Invoice Ninja. Searching by ID and ID Number returns 0 results.

How can I get the client in Invoice Ninja? Or should I look for a different alternative?

Attachments

• CleanShot 2023-10-31 at 21.11.17.png
    CleanShot 2023-10-31 at 21.11.17.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 48

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @davidw

However, I'm stuck on Step 2. There is no way to find a customer by their email address in Invoice Ninja. I can only find by Name, ID and ID Number.
Searching by customer name is too generic and returns multiple results from Invoice Ninja. Searching by ID and ID Number returns 0 results.
To locate the identical customer within Invoice Ninja, you can utilize the "Find client" action step and ensure their presence in the system.

If, by chance, the customer is not found in Invoice Ninja, you should employ the Router action step. Within this action, you can set up two distinct routes: one to create the customer if they're not present, and the other to proceed with updating the user and generating the invoice.

For a more comprehensive grasp of how to use the Router action step, I recommend watching the instructional video lesson provided.

davidw

You misunderstood my question. I know I have to find the client first. The problem is that I can only search for the client by ID, ID Number and Name. Searching for these returns results that are too broad. Instead of searching for client by ID / ID Number / Name, I want to search by email address. Can you add this ability for Invoice Ninja?