• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

First 4 words of content / a small modification to the "Facebook to Pinterest" workflow

haikus

Hi. I would like to make a small modification to this workflow:

Pabbly-Connect.png

I would like to give the first 4 words of the "message" field where the title is and add 4 dots at the end (....)
The message would appear in the description field.
Finally the title field should look like this: Zapraszamy na naszego bloga...
Description: Full message.

How to do it?
How to extract the first 4 words from the "message" field and add 4 dots at the end?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @haikus

You can use the "Text Formatter by Pabbly: Text (Basic Formatting)" action step in your workflow to extract the first part of the message before : and after of it.

Please check out the following screenshot for your basic understanding and map the fields accoridngly.

2022-05-14_12h35_49.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @haikus

Kindly elaborate on your requirement with the help of a screenshot or a short video. So that we can guide you accordingly.

haikus

Hi. I would like to get an effect like the one in the picture:

1.png

Where:

1. is the entire description that was on Facebook

2. is the first 4 words of this whole description and at the end 3 or 4 ( it doesn't matter ) dots.

I described it very accurately.

haikus

Hi @Supreme .
You misunderstood me or inaccurately read what I meant. The formula you used splits the text after the ":" character. This way "Result 0" is the text that is before the ":" character.
And I want to get the first 4 words of the sentence. There will not always be such a ":" or other character used in a sentence. So I just want it to be the first 4 words.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @haikus

Could you please check out the following screenshot and tell us that the resultant is what you want on your Pinterest.

2022-05-17_18h53_06.png