• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Form Submission -> Google Sheets (iterating through groups of data)

Hello,

I'm taking data from a form submission and displaying the data in Google Sheets.

One of the form submissions receives several pieces of text separated by semi-colons (example: "hi; hello; whatsup")

How can I display this data so that each piece of data has its own row in Google Sheets?

So, for example, from the previous example, I display the data in Google Sheets like this:

COLUMN 1 - Data ................................................................ COLUMN 2 - Data
9/29/22 ................................................................................ hi
9/29/22 ................................................................................ helllo
9/29/22 ................................................................ ................ whatsup

I know how to get the current date information and display it, but I'm having difficulty taking the data and displaying it like I did above.

Of course, I can use the text splitter to separate out the text by the semi-colon, but the next step is tricky for me. For programming, I would use a For Loop to display each row in Google Sheets based on the array length.

I think I should use the text formatted to add brackets, create a JSON array, then use the array function to get the number of data points in the array, but how do I iterate through all data to add each data point as a separate row in Google Sheets?

Also, I will have (at most) three data groups (with each form submission) that will need to be iterated through and added to Google sheets.

Thank you,
Phil

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ugavetdude

I think I should use the text formatted to add brackets, create a JSON array, then use the array function to get the number of data points in the array, but how do I iterate through all data to add each data point as a separate row in Google Sheets?

You can simply capture the webhook response in advance format by toggling the "Simple Response" button and then that data you can process on "Line Itemizer" action step.

1664520087358.png

You can use the "Google Sheets : Add Multiple Rows" action step to add the data in new row for every comma separated values.

2022-09-30_12h05_16.png

You can also refer to the following video tutorial on the same -