• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

• Please note that the team will not be available on 7th September 2024, due to a public holiday in India.

During this period, support assistance may experience some delays.

Forward a new document in a file folder by email

Here is my challenge: I receive bills, e.g., hydro, that are just notifications of a bill. I have to sign in for each client into their hydro account, get the bill, and save it to my PC. Then I have to upload the bill to the OCR processing software (e.g., Dext / ReceiptBot).

Here is what I was looking at doing:

1. Manually sign into the client.
  2. Get the bill and save it to a Dropbox folder.
  3. Pabbly trigger: When a new file is in a Dropbox folder then...
  4. Action: Send Email via Gmail.

However, where I am stuck is getting that NEW file from Dropbox attached to the gmail email.

Then as a subsequent step I would delete the file from the Dropbox folder once the email is sent.

I see I can send an attachment with Gmail, but it's getting the right attachment from the Dropbox folder that is my first hiccup.

Now, if I wanted to use a webhook/API with Receipt-Bot, they seem to have the ability to upload documents directly to the client without the need for emailing the attachment as another option. Yet, it's still a question of getting the right document to upload. https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/14388213/2s83mbrQy3

Any advice or direction? I see lots of documentation on saving a file to eg. onedrive, but not how to pick a document out of a file folder to forward as an attachment.

Thanks

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @woodennickel,

You can try setting up your workflow in this manner to achieve your use case.

Each time a file is uploaded to a specific folder in your Dropbox, it will be sent as an email attachment via Gmail and will be automatically deleted once the email is sent.

Hi @woodennickel,

You can try setting up your workflow in this manner to achieve your use case.

Each time a file is uploaded to a specific folder in your Dropbox, it will be sent as an email attachment via Gmail and will be automatically deleted once the email is sent.
Thank you. I will give this a try. Much appreciated.