• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Frequent OpenAI API call errors

urban

I really like Pabby Connect solution as an alternative to Zapier. Still, I have an issue that keeps me away from switching.

On the product I build: My micro-product is built upon a process where users fill-in a form and OpenAI generates content (I've already split it into 3 blocks updating three columns in Airtable)- I am sending an email as soon as the output is ready. This should only be sent if the whole result is there.

On the problem I have: Sadly, it seems like my OpenAI API call seems to error more than with Zapier. As there are no filters available in the cheaper tiers, the mails get sent even though the OpenAI API call errors - this is obviously not good.

I see two solutions: a way to increase the reliability of OpenAI API calls heavily or filters and auto-reruns of erroring workflows. Do you have any idea how I can approach this? I did not plan to go for the most expensive package as I am a solo-builder without any revenue.

Kind regards,
urban

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @urban

Can you please share your detailed error in the Open AI action step which you are facing on daily basis, so that we can look into it and guide you accordingly?

urban

Hey @Supreme - thanks. Please find the errors here. That OpenAIs servers are under constant pressure is clear to me. However, the other is not quite clear. Automated re-runs + filters would be the solution I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 18.04.37.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 18.04.37.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 18.04.52.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 18.04.52.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 47

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @urban

For a limited time, we have already increased the Timeout window for OpenAI Generate Content to 40 seconds. Although this is not an ideal thing to do.

So, handling this use case is something that we have informed the OpenAI team about. We have sent the email but haven't received any reply back from them.

Whereas, you should check the error message from the Open AI team since in response their server is unable to fetch the data in the given time window.

sbrhlp

I have the same issue. Why is this happening with Premium chatgpt accounts as well. The live chat is available. Also with openai I can use it on their website, but with pabbly I get timeouts.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @sbrhlp

You can refer to the following Facebook link where one of your users has shared an alternate way to eradicate the timeout manner with their workaround.

So, please give it a try and let us know.

1685968333335.png