• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

"full stop" character in data causes error

deanloh

I'm trying to create a workflow to send new WordPress posts to Telegram. Most of my post titles contain the "." (full stop) character, and because of this, I'm getting the error that says:
Bad Request: can't parse entities: Character '.' is reserved and must be escaped with the preceding '\'
Problem is, how am I suppose to escape the character? I can't possibly add "\" to the post title or it they will look weird on my website.

See screenshot: https://nimb.ws/6y5EOm

Neeraj

Administrator
Staff member
This message is coming back from WordPress to add a \ in front of a dot "." to allow the dot to pass into the title.

If you add a slash, it will not be published but will allow dot to pass into the title.

Here is what you can do.

In your current title. Replace all instances of dot "." with slash dot "\."

and than use that string on your WordPress step.

You need add a new step above the WordPress step as shown below.

1634528447056.png

deanloh

Thank you Neeraj for the quick reply. I was happy to learn that I could use the text formatter step to escape the dots, the I realized I was supposed to escape many other symbols too! Does it mean I need to create a dozen of text formatter just so I can make this work? This doesn't sound much improvement of productivity to me...

See my screencast to understand the challenges I'm facing: https://www.berrycast.com/conversations/35fc657e-7cb6-5f79-9435-f05f8c9552ac

deanloh

Thank you so much for the help! Especially the workflow! I fully understand how it works now. But will you consider improving this part of the feature? I have used Zapier for many years and I didn't have to put up with such troubles to set up zaps. What have they done differently? Would be good reference!

JamieZ

Yes Please! - Bumping up a better way to do this. Even for Telegram HTML / Markdown, there is a whole bunch of Symbols to escape and replace

Snag_4c926a.png

@Supreme Would there be a better way then adding multiple steps to escape each symbol? - thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
@Supreme Would there be a better way then adding multiple steps to escape each symbol? - thanks!
Unfortunately, there is no other way to escape such characters, so you need to use the Replace Text action step to replace such characters before passing the content.