• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Drive - get Folder by Name into specific parent folder

SOLVED - Solution in the screenshot attached
chrome-capture-2023-4-25 (1).png

-----------------------------------
Hello guys, I'm here again to ask for your help.
I've been trying to figure out how to automatize my process:
I want to create a new folder with a given Name eg. '2023' in a folder with a known name, 'Pratiche', for the instance, which is into a folder that exact matches the name/title given by the trigger.
Trigger: New box - [{"name":"JOHN SNOW","id":"fFrfg2w2g4rsRSF2rf2_F42e"}]
Create new folder with given name '2023' in:
Customers (this is a shared drive)
  • JOHN SNOW
    • Pratiche
      • Create folder '2023' here
How can I achieve that?
I hope you'll be able to help me and many thanks for your great work.

Edit: Added Workflow URL
I'd like to get the same response that I would get from this query:
GET /drive/v3/files?q=name%3D'Pratiche'+and+'New box['id']'+in+parents
then I'd create a new folder in that folder.
Edit: added webhook Google's driveApi

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Sorry to say but we are not getting the name you wanted in the folders' name. Since your workflow doesn't indicate anything to extract the name from which action step.

So, can you show us the output you want to pass in the folder name?

Certainly! Based on the information provided, the desired output for the folder name would be '2023'. This name should be used when creating a new folder within the 'Pratiche' folder.
  • JOHN SNOW
    • Pratiche
      • Create folder '2023' here

Supreme

Staff member
You can try creating the sub folder in the "Pratiche" folder with the help of the "Create a Sub Folder" action step and pass the Folder Id of the Pratiche.

1685008846295.png

I've appreciated all of your useless, misleading questions.
I found the solution on my own, after 2 days of trials.
The solution is attached to the first post.
I'm very disappointed with your customer's service response, altough I like the app, for which I'm paying the subscription fee.

Supreme

Staff member
I apologize if my previous responses were not helpful in resolving your issue. I can only provide help based on the details I've been getting from your answers. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a solution on your own after trying for two days.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any additional inquiries or require further assistance. I'm here and ready to provide support to the best of my capabilities.