• Instructions to Ask a Question

    Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

    We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

    The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

    🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

    Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

    🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

    🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $149 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Drive Moving File Fails

Not open for further replies.
Your Task History ID
Hello, I am having an issue in the sequence where if I replace the spreadsheet and reconnect everything the copied file will not move.

It was working, and now it is saying...

A shared drive item must have exactly one parent.

No folders or permissions have been changed. The only thing that was changed was replacing the spreadsheet we were duplicating.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, that step used to process without issue.

Any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it?



  • screenshot-connect.pabbly.com-2023.11.20-09_57_44.png
    49 KB · Views: 5
  • screenshot-connect.pabbly.com-2023.11.20-09_59_59.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 5


Well-known member
Staff member
Hey @J.B. Murdock

The Google Drive API error code 403 signifies an issue where a shared drive item is expected to have only one parent within the drive's structure. This error, labeled as "teamDrivesParentLimit," occurs when an attempt is made to assign more than one parent to a shared drive item, which contradicts the API's requirement of a single parent for such items.

So, please review your Google Drive's shared drive folder once and then try again. If the issue still persists then we recommend you to contact Google Drive's support team.
I did not have to do anything with Google, the folder permissions or structure never changed.

I did however figure it out, and I am not sure if this is a Pabbly or Google error.

I had to delete the step entirely.

Rerun the previous step.

Re-add the step that was deleted.

Save and test it, and it worked again.
Not open for further replies.