• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Drive: Search File Bug, Maybe?

rqueue

Hi Folks, I'm new to pabbly and I'm loving the capabilities so far. One action I'm trying to use is the Google Drive Search File. I'm doing a substring search and notice that it seems inconsistent. Some files it can find with substrings, but not all.

It only finds it when I provide the whole file name. Is this a bug or am I using this wrong.

File Search Substring Doesn't Work
1638542462609.png

Works When I Provide The Whole Filename

1638542349377.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @rqueue

Kindly check the availability of the file and check whether you are using the right respective credentials of Google Drive. As we have tested at our
end it is working accordingly and getting the response bypassing the substring.

aefwef.png

You can check out the same in our short recorded video -

rqueue

Hi @Supreme ,

Thanks very much for the reply. That is interesting because I see it working for you. The main test case I testing is the one you did with the text "theme". I see it found multiple files with the word "theme" in it. I found that my only finds it when the name entered contains the beginning of the filename, but not if it's in the middle or end.

Files Directory Tested Against
1638678652755.png

Found When Filename Starts with Name Entered

1638678625932.png

Not Found if string provided is not beginning of the filename
1638678738740.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @rqueue

We tried the same, to search the file, you need to pass the starting letters of the file name, and to find the exact same search you need to use the full name as mentioned.

Regards

rqueue

@Supreme,

Thanks for the clarification. From my usual use of substring, it usually functioned with any location of the string. However, I'll note that in for this functionality it is required for the start of the filename.