• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Drive to Google sheet - duplicated entries & consuming my action triggers

Bernie

I have created a workflow to add an entry to google Sheets when there are new files dropped into my google drive. So far it's working however, it kept creating duplicated entries in my google sheets and consuming my limited actions. I will duplicate a few more similar workflows and do not wish to encounter the same issue. Please advise how to fix this. thanks!

Subin

Staff member
Hey @Bernie !

The tech team has introduced a new trigger event by the name "Google Drive : New File in Specific Folder" and has deprecated the older one.

New one-

1660808414555.png

Deprecated one-

1660808444388.png

Kindly make a new workflow with this new trigger event and then check on it if the duplication issue is still happening at your end or not.

Hope, to hear from you soon.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Bernie

As we can see from your workflow, you are getting the same trigger response multiple times and because of that, your leads are getting the same messages multiple times.

And the reason behind that is perhaps you have pressed the "Save & Send Request" multiple times which has created the webhook in your Google Drive multiple times.

E.g. -

1660982501107.png

As a solution, you can create a new workflow and delete the previous one which will create a new webhook only once and can send the data one time.

Bernie

I have deleted and recreated the workflow. It never works after your fix. The trigger event connection doesn't show all the folders available - I have about 500+ folders in the drive. Many of them were missing.

Last edited:

Subin

Staff member
Hey @Bernie !

Can you let us know some of the folders names which according to you are missing in while connecting the step?

So we can check it once with the tech team and revert you back on it.

Hope, to hear from you soon.

Bernie

There are approximately 700 folders or more. My workflow will fetch data from files with prefixes such as 2020 Buz..., 2021 Buz... etc.

Bernie

Seems to be working after using the google ID for mapping. I'll continue my testing tomorrow. Please do not take any action. Thanks!!