• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Sheet - Column Update - Update Monday.com column entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grebom.b

I am considering Pabbly.com to integrate a Google Sheet with a board in Monday.com. Specifically, I would like to update a column entry in a Google Sheet and have a similar column entry updated in a Monday.com board.

As an example, Customer A uses their device and I update the date they last used it in a field on a Google sheet row dedicated to Customer A's device. When this field is updated with a new date, I would like the corresponding board field in Monday.com to be updated to reflect the new date.

Is this possible?

Brian

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Grebom.b

Kindly tell us from which application you are taking the updated data(When this field is updated with a new date).

So that we can check upon your use case.

Grebom.b

When the date field in the Google sheet is updated with a new date we want this date updated in Monday.com

Grebom.b

It appears I can only update one item with this workflow. Is there a way to map to the item from the google sheet and update the corresponding item in Monday? Currently, if I update a different item in the Google sheet, it continues to update the same item in Monday.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Grebom.b

You can add "Monday.com: Update Item Column Value" multiple times as many as you have columns to update and select the individual columns.

2022-06-29_15h47_09.png

Grebom.b

I understand I can update multiple column value entries, but can I update more that one item?

For example: here is my google sheet data for two devices. When I update the "Last Used" date in the Google sheet for Device A, the integration works and the corresponding record in Monday.com for Device A reflects the "Last Used" date entered in the Google sheet. However, if I update the "Last Used" date for Device B in the Google sheet, the corresponding record in Monday.com for Device B does NOT reflect the date entered in the Google sheet. However, the record for Device A in Monday.com now reflects the "Last Used" date from Device B. How can I get the integration to update this correctly, is it not possible? Would I need a separate workflow for each device record I want to update? Can you look at my workflow specifically?
Device Last Used
A 01/01/2022
B 02/21/2022

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Grebom.b

If the Group and Board will be the same for every device then you can simply map the Parent Id from the "Monday.com : Search Items by Column Value" in the Update Item Column Value action step whcih will dynamically update the column dynamically.

And remove the other action step to update the values.

Kindly try this at your end and let us know if that works for you.

2022-07-02_12h50_28.png

Status
Not open for further replies.