• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Sheet integration set-up question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisi101

Hi,

i have a workflow with Google Sheets - Switchboard Canvas - Facebook and Instagram. It's a postin automation.
I have the following question:

I choosed
  1. Auto Send on Schedule
    Select the option in case the data is being entered into Google Sheets via an external application. This option allows sending data being added from an external source to Google Sheet with a time interval of 1 hr.

How do i know at which time the data is beeing send to pabbly? so is it then every hour at 1, 2, 3 etc... or 1:30, 2:30 etc?
Can i define that anywhere?

Thank you,
Alex

Fagun Shah

You can't know that unless you trigger it one time and check workflow history to know the trigger time.

Eisi101

Hi @Fagun Shah - thx for your quick answer. I tested it yesterday. So the Trigger in Google Sheet is in Column H and there i have dynamic data depending on a if-formula. So i was not sure if this would work. But it worked. The Workflow started every hour at xx:47.

But today not, so that was the reason i wanted to know the last time pabbly checked the sheet....

Eisi101

Hi,

i want to understand theese two options better:

Send On Event: The data will be sent if there is something in the cell in the trigger column, right?
Auto Send on Schedule: Pabbly checks hourly if there is new content in the sheet? But will only send the data if there is something in the cell of the trigger column?

So i need the trigger for both options?

Any my main question is:

I am using a formular in the trigger cell. Depending on the time i want to have a x in the cell or not. So my plan is to use the google sheet as a instagram publish scheduler. I prepare everything (1 post per day) in the spreadsheet - i create an image with switchboard canvas and then post it to instagram. My plan is to show an x in the trigger cell daily for a new row. You know what i mean?

Please see the screenshot attached. Does it work with auto scheduler???

Attachments

• trigger.png
    trigger.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 13

Luv

Hey @Eisi101

You workflow should trigger as soon as any row is added or updated in the Google Sheet you integrated. If it is not triggering, possibly any row wasn't updated or added inside that sheet. Also, make sure that the data is being entered up to the trigger column. Kindly check for the same once and refer to the YouTube video below to troubleshoot the webhook setup.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Eisi101

If you've set up a formula in the trigger column of your Google Sheets, it might not work as expected. We recommend choosing a different column as the trigger, which will send the entire row at once. Also, remember to use 'Send On Event' only if your data is from a Google application or manually entered. For data from third-party apps, consider using 'Auto Send On Schedule' or 'Send on Event,' which will forward the data within an hour.

And, just double-check to ensure all required data is filled up to your trigger column for a smooth process.

1712147591160.png

Eisi101

Hi - thank you! But choosing a different one for the trigger is not what i want. Because i want to manage the triggers with a formula in order to schedule the posts. You know what i mean?
Please see my screenshot. I can define in Column I and J the day and time when the x should appear in the trigger column h. But somehow it doesn't work. Yesterday it worked with the schedule option in pabbly.

The general question is:
Does a if formula work for pabbly connect if i choose the auto send on schedule option?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Eisi101
The general question is: Does a if formula work for pabbly connect if i choose the auto send on schedule option?
Currently, we do not support formula-based updates in the trigger column. I am afraid we don't have any workaround for this concern.

Eisi101

hi @Supreme

ok the strange thing is that it worked sometimes already.....i definie a date and time in cell I4 and compare it with the current datea and time.

This is the formular =IF((I4)<NOW();"X";"")
For some automations it wors - for some not.....strange!
Is there any way to schedule it if i have already all the information in the google sheet?

Example:
I have 100 rows with all the needed information for the automation in the google sheet. But i want to send to pabbly daily only one row for example. Is there a way to do it?

Luv

Hey @Eisi101

I went through your replies on the other thread and you stated the example clearly with your sheets containing 100 rows and you want to send one row to Pabbly each day. We already have a video prepared for this use case. Kindly follow the instructions mentioned in this video up to 6:50.

Let us know in case you face any further queries.

Eisi101

Hi @Luv sounds great i will try it - many thanks! I always started with sheets as a trigger and not as an action. Now i will start with the scheduler trigger from pabbly - lets see!

Eisi101

Hi @Luv it works totally fine - many many thanks!!
One other question. Do you know how i can add line breaks to the text in a cell in google sheets in order to have the line breaks in instagram then? Is this possible or do i need the data transformer somehow?

thx!!

Luv

Hey @Eisi101

You may insert a <br> tag where you wish to create a line break in your Google Sheet, enabling it to translate into a line break in your Instagram caption. Please attempt a trial to confirm if it functions as expected for you.

Eisi101

Hi @Luv - i tried it with line breaks in google sheets with al+enter and with CHAR(10) in a formula. But both got transformed by instagram to \\n\\n --> what is this and do you know why?
I tried it with <br> in the cell as well...but no success...

Status
Not open for further replies.