• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Sheet: Only trigger on cell value Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako

Hello Pabbly team and community:

How can I trigger an action only when a certain word or selection is made on a Google sheets cell?

For instance, I want to trigger an action only if a cell has the word "Yes". Right now from what I understand, an action is triggered when a certain column has any changes. I want to limit the trigger to only happen when I "approve" or select "yes".

Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tako

How can I trigger an action only when a certain word or selection is made on a Google sheets cell?
You can use the Filter action step once in your workflow after the trigger event which will only process the workflow when it gets the desired value Yes in the respective column.

Tako

I know you can use filters but it's not working for me. Can filters be used with Google Sheets "Dropdown" or "checkbox" selections? I think you can but it's not working. Please see the attached screen shot of a simple filter test I did.

Screenshot 2022-12-24 5.01.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-24 5.02.00 PM.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tako

Could you please share the name of the workflow in which you have tried the same, further as we can see from your account's latest task history we can see that everything is working fine?

Tako

please close this question, I figured it out. I had to wait a bit for google sheets and pabbly to reload the new contnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.