• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google sheets data as multipart/form-data to API

angelinjohn

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjIwNTZiMDYzNjA0MzI1MjY0NTUzNTUxM2I1MTY1NTQzMyI_3D_pc
I have a workflow which needs to do the following?
1. when the sheet is modified i want to send the updated row as a form-data to a REST API i have created
2. Though i add the corresponding fields from the trigger, the api shows no data was sent.
3. is it possible to send the updated rows/the entire sheet as a File object to an api
4. Also how do i view the payload which was sent,

Subin

Staff member
Hey @angelinjohn !

1. when the sheet is modified i want to send the updated row as a form-data to a REST API i have created
Are you looking to send rows when added or when updated?

So accordingly we can check and guide you on it.

2. Though i add the corresponding fields from the trigger, the api shows no data was sent.
Kindly check on the format you need to send from your application with which you have connected the API by Pabbly step, as it has not accepted the format-

1703074075857.png

3. is it possible to send the updated rows/the entire sheet as a File object to an api
No, it won't be possible to do so. You can only send data updated or added to a row in Google Sheets to the application you need to forward it to.

You can refer to this video tutorial on how Google Sheets works-

4. Also how do i view the payload which was sent,
You can check on the workflow histroy to see the task which were executed in getting and sending the data-

1703074294662.png

angelinjohn

1. So whenever new rows are added or existing rows are updated i want to send those rows as a File object and content as csv to the api
2. The format accepted is a File object and the content type accepted is multipart/form-data
3. If not a File object can i get the entire row or all updated rows as a csv - i want to process the entire row together,not as individual fields
4. I tried to generate the csv using datatransformer but it gave an exception..what is the correct approach for the same?

Subin

Staff member
Hey @angelinjohn !

We are sorry, but the use case that you are trying to execute is not possible to work on.

Furthermore, we donot have support for CSV format on our end.