• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google sheets to social media post on certain date

sourav04

Hi,

I was wondering how the following can be done. I have seen multiple tutorials but not able to wrap my head around creating something my use case-specific. So any help is appreciated.

My Use Case: I have some social media posts written in one column of google sheet let's say from A2:A15. I want to post each content of cell on Facebook pages, Linkedin Company pages on Diwali every year.

My understanding so far:

1. I need Google Calendars which will help to trigger the following process on that particular day. But not sure how to do it because I don't see any option outside of New Events or Calendars. Also, not sure if Pabbly Connect understands the day marked as Diwali in Google Holiday Calendar as an Event.​
2. So maybe some kind of Filter? Also, a scheduler because I wouldn't want it to be posted outside of business hours.​
3. Once that happens, get the data from Google sheets. I think this tutorial is relevant but not sure how to apply it for posting on social media. The process will go row by row till it reaches the last row​

Once at the last row I would want to do some if-else type of functions.​
a. If there is no row after the last one, then it will randomly choose anyone of the row but will avoid choosing from last 5 or 'n' rows which were already used to post on social media.​
b. Else, it will just take the data of the last row and post it.​
I am a newbie to Pabbly connect and never have I ever done any kind of programming in the past. So this is a bit overwhelming and any help is appreciated.

Fagun Shah

Answer to 1 & (it will use at least 1 task daily- 365 tasks per year)

You can create a Google Sheet for Next 10 years of Diwali Date and Lookup today's date in that everyday during business hours(time you need to pass in the scheduler as per UTC + 0)

Diwali Wishes.png

Google Sheet -

Diwali GSheet.png

Attachments

• Diwali Wishes.pdf
    155.8 KB · Views: 170

Fagun Shah

@sourav04 I have some questions regarding point 3.

Let me know if this is what you want to achieve,

1. You want to pick first row from the google sheet(content of the post) and post it across multiple social media networks.

2. Do you want to use same social media profiles to post all rows(ost content) one by one on the same day?

sourav04

Hi Fagun, Just came back to this. I am trying to achieve the first one.

After reading your comment about the above process counting 1 task daily (365 tasks in a year), it feels like a wasting away of a lot of tasks. So I wanted to expand on the initial idea to utilize those tasks more efficiently. So my goal is to post every day or maybe alternate days some social media post. Holidays were just a start to test the waters.

So I was wondering if let's suppose I have a database of social media posts in my google sheet for each day of the week. This database will have 30-40 generic posts for each day. So let's say on Tuesday it pulls one of the posts randomly from the Tuesday database and post it on social media. Then on Wednesday it goes back to the database and searches again from Wednesday's database and selects one randomly and posts it on social media. But it won't repeat the last 20-25 posts for each day it selects the post for to make the content feel fresh.

To make it look more human I would prefer it posting on random days of the week. Yes, but for holidays the post will happen regardless. On that day normal day post won't happen

Is this something that is possible?

Fagun Shah

your comment about the above process counting 1 task daily (365 tasks in a year), it feels like a wasting away of a lot of tasks. So I wanted to expand on the initial idea to utilize those tasks more efficiently. So my goal is to post every day or maybe alternate days some social media post. Holidays were just a start to test the waters.

@sourav04 Check this, it might help you what you want to achieve

Part 1- https://www.loom.com/share/39263928660546f586df5009f8c92406

Part 2- https://www.loom.com/share/f1bfc4da3c684d4d930adbb7bb8b9739

Copy My Workflow From Here- https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/share/XxdTYVMIBWFVHAFVVBdRdgESV2AEWAkzBhYGDwdiXBo#

Google Sheets -

Next Diwali GSheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16x6_Zc4RLbVKNUwvPg2yf4lwJiEbeh9tvCUjcKmAkNA/edit?usp=sharing

Social Media Post Gsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bR-YmTXHEwv4zb32D8Ap4ceqrEhC9nExzEFaq8uwHuw/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if you need anything else from my workflow.

sourav04

Hi Fagun,

This is super helpful and I really appreciate your efforts. I think we are almost close. A few things I would like

1. At the marked area, can this number be calculated automatically based on the number of rows in the sheet. I would like to keep adding the number of rows of messages and hence don't want to keep going back to it and changing manually.

Screenshot 2021-05-12 192909.jpg

2. Regarding the random selection of messages, I completely understand. I am assuming there will be a similar effect if we were to randomize the day of posting.

As an alternative, I was wondering if we can create an order for it that will still make it look it's been posted by a human. So let's suppose for
  • 2 weeks it post every day,
  • then next 2 weeks it post alternate day,
  • then next 2 week it post every 2 days,
  • then 2 week it post every 3 days and
  • then back again to daily.
What are your thoughts?

3. Can the holidays and regular days sheets be combined. This is just a preference. Please do let me know if it affects the process in anyways.

4. Also, was wondering if we can reshuffle the order of the messages in the sheet for the regular days at the end of the year. But yes the last 10 messages of each day (there will 50 messages for each day) that were used for posting wouldn't show up on the top.

5. Also, is there a way I can integrate with Twitter as well.

Thank you once again Fagun. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

Fagun Shah

1. It can be done. You need to use this formula in another sheet and fetch value from there - =COUNTA('SheetName'!A:A)

2. I need more time to understand it.

3. Yes, it can be combined.

4. Not sure If I can do this.

5. Not possible for now.

sourav04

Thank you, Fagun,

I think I can manage without the 5th for now in a different way. 4th one would have been a bonus but I can make it work without it. Looking forward to your inputs on the 2nd one.

Fagun Shah

2. The best thing I can think of to achieve it is this,

You can create another Sheet named Schedule,

Date Post/NoPost
14-05-2021 Yes
15-05-2021 No
16-05-2021 No

And then you can check against this sheet after holiday wishes check.

If you find Yes then workflow should go ahead else not.

sourav04

Hi Fagun,

How have you been? So I figured out a way to do the #2. But I am stuck at one point.

I want the process to continue if the cell value is TRUE. But it's giving me an answer "Response Result 0 RowIndex - 4". Not sure if it interprets the word in the cell properly. The True answer is in L4.

And if I after that try to put in router-->filter-->Response Result 0 RowIndex - 4 (is equal to) TRUE. The condition fails.

Please do let me know how can get over this challenge. Looking forward to hearing from you.

sourav04

Hi Fagun,

Here it is.

VLOOKUP Row to check the cell value contains TRUE
VLOOKUP Row to check if the value is TRUe.jpg

Then checking if the cell value is equal to TRUE

Checking if the cell value is equal to TRUE .jpg

Fagun Shah

How many columns are there in row 4?

Lookup action is should return whole row with each column data and row index.

Currently from your screenshot it looks like it is only returning the row index.

Can you share G Sheet Screenshot also?