• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Sheets Updating Last Row instead of First Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am having a strange problem that the Google Sheets automation that I have setup to 'Add New Row' is adding new rows with the incoming data to the very end of my spreadsheet in the last row instead of the first available row.

I have been using the same workflow and Google Sheets 'template' for years, each time creating a copy of my sheet and copy of my workflow and connecting it up to recieve data from my forms. It has always worked as desired, allways adding new rows to the first available row.

But today, it has decided to add data to the last row on the spreadsheet instead of the first available row.

Please help me to get the Google Sheets automation to work in the usual and desired manner, to add data to the first available row.

Here is a screen recording of my issue so you can see it happening.

If you would like access to my Pabbly connect account or sheet, please include your email that I should give access to in your response here, thanks.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @NextLevelBros,

In your Google Sheets, try clearing data starting from Row 7 all the way to the bottom until all data is cleared (you can add this back after the automation starts functioning properly). Then, try adding the data.
1688594306768.png

If the issue persists, try using the Google Sheets "Append Value" action event.

Thanks a lot for the quick response Arshil. That worked.

In the past I did not need to clear those drodown fields for it to work, I don't know what changed, but this works for me so case closed 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.