• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Gravity forms connection scrambling array

Durkis

1664091575107.png

Hi, above you can see gravity forms output which is fine. I connect to P. Conn. via webhook. Below you can see the output from Pabbly to the sheet. The record in question is the bottom one, but you can see another instance at the top.

1664091905888.png

Can you help untie this Knot please?

Here's the automation:

Thanks,

Stuart

Attachments

• Screenshot (321).png
    Screenshot (321).png
    233.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 1664091813209.png
    1664091813209.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 40

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Durkis

The data labels which you are getting from the trigger response is getting shuffled as compare to your previously mapped data.

Perhaps you might have done some changes in your Gravity Form and because of that your data is getting passed into different data labels.

So kindly recapture the webhook response once and then try again.

image (6).png

Durkis

Hi,

Tried this but got the same result. I also tried cloning the workflow and connecting that one, but get the same result. History says no errors, but still the result on the google sheet is scrambled. I have another workflow pushing submissions to this sheet as well from another source, and this one is working OK.
Screenshot (324).pngScreenshot (325).png

Supreme

Staff member
Hi,

Tried this but got the same result. I also tried cloning the workflow and connecting that one, but get the same result. History says no errors, but still the result on the google sheet is scrambled. I have another workflow pushing submissions to this sheet as well from another source, and this one is working OK.
View attachment 16218View attachment 16219
Seems like you still haven't captured the webhook response with new data labels.

As we can see from your recent task history and the labels are still coming in different labels whereas you are still getting the data in scrambled form.

1664343532058.png

Durkis

so the re captured webhook landed, but two tests produced nothing, and history says its working.

Attachments

• 1664421688455.png
    1664421688455.png
    166 KB · Views: 40

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Durkis

Seems like you have captured the webhook response with new submission, so now please remap the values in the corresponding action step correctly.

1664446674121.png

Durkis

OK, I re the webhook and filled all the fields but got the same result. Its completely scrambled, and yet the history shows a successful execution. I am losing customers.

Supreme

Staff member
Am I misunderstanding your instructions?
If you have recaptured the webhook response then you were supposed to remap the data label fields in every action step.

Please make sure that the newly captured webhook data is mapped correctly in your action step to pas the data to your applications.

Durkis

I re did the automation, remapping the data labels in each action step. It came through scrambled. I re mapped all the action steps again so they were going into the right place, and it came back scrambled.

Whilst working on the automation and checking that steps have appeared in the right spot, all the steps work. When I go from the gravity form, they mess up.

Here's an example of the output form gravity, the fields are all good.

Screenshot (336).png

as soon as it goes through Pabbly, they are messed up. This example is not too bad, just the email is missing, but thats not how it is presented in the flow and it gets much worse than this.

The link to automation:

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (161).png
    Screenshot (161).png
    317.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Durkis

As we can see from your task history Id you are continuously getting the jumbled fields from your triggering application and because of that your data is getting passing in irregular way.

Further, the Gravity Form trigger is based on Webhooks. Pabbly Connect captures any webhook that is sent to it.

We collect million+ webhooks each day flawlessly.

If your event is not arriving and not getting captured inside Pabbly Connect there is a good chance that it not being sent to Pabbly Connect. In cases like these, you will have to contact the Gravity Form team to see why your event is not being sent from Gravity Form.

To double check, you can also confirm it through a webbooks testing site by the name of webhook.site.

You can copy the webhook URL provided by Webhook.site inside Gravity Form and do the test event inside Gravity Form to see if the webhook is being captured on not inside Webhook.site. This will double confirm the issue.

Here is a sample video that you can follow to track the webhook issue: