• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Help with conditional passing of fields

daraghos

Hi

I am passing information from an order form (google form) to a document (esignature.io and google doc)
I have a choice of 18 different products on the order form and only want those selected to appear on the destination documents.
If I layout the receiving document with all 18 fields, but say 2-17 are blank (not selected on the order form) I end up with multiple line breaks in between the actual orders (selections) and a messy document.
What would be the best way to set up a workflow so that only those fields that contain text / are selected get passed along to the final docs?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Daragh

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @daraghos

Can you please elaborate on your concern about which action step of your workflow you are passing 18 fields with the help of a short recorded video?

daraghos

Hi

Apologies, I can't do a video right now. I am passing text from 1 field in the google form to another field in an esignature.io contract. There are potentially 18 fields, but only 1-5 will be selected / contain text.
Before the information hits esignature.io, I want to collate all the responses minus the blank ones, so they pass to esignature.io as one placeholder.

You can see an example of the text passing in the esignature part of the workflow under 'streaming sponsor details'. You can see I have it running through a text formattor already to add line breaks. There will be 17 other field such as this. I'd like to consolidate them all before they pass to esignature.io, whilst taking out the blanks.

Thanks, does that help at all?
Daragh

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @daraghos

I am sorry to say that your use case is still not very clear, so as far as we understand you can try using the Default Value action step to replace the blank to pass the data in the further action step for individual fields.