• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How can I pass UTM string data into Pabbly as the Trigger step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoCrow

How can I pass URL UTM string data into Pabbly as the Trigger step?

usecase:

- User clicks a link and lands on a page.
- That landing page URL includes some UTM data, such as that user's ID
- I want to use that ID as the basis for running automations in Pabbly.. but I don't know how to capture it?!

How can I do this?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @RoCrow,

If the application with which you are trying to establish a connection supports webhooks, you can attempt to use Webhook by Pabbly to fulfill your use case.

RoCrow

Hi @RoCrow,

If the application with which you are trying to establish a connection supports webhooks, you can attempt to use Webhook by Pabbly to fulfill your use case.
Thanks for that, but it doesn't, in the sense that it is a WordPress website and I'm talking about capturing the URL UTM string that a visitor lands on, not data that they've submitted in a form (which, if using a form, I could then send as a webhook to Pabbly).

The idea is that someone (who has previously registered on my website) clicks a link which takes them to a landing page on my site - that's the only action they take.

By landing on that page, my site already has a User ID to associate with them (from their previous visit).

That User ID is dynamically added as part of the UTM string in the URL from the link that they originally clicked.

I need to then be able to use that as a Trigger in an automation with Pabbly.

I was hoping there was a way Pabbly could "scrape" each URL string that is generated from visitors landing on a given page, then use that data.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense?!

The key is that the visitor hasn't submitted any form, they've not clicked any buttons, they've simply clicked an external link that has taken them to a landing page, and that's it! (but the URL of the page has been generated with their User ID in the UTM string when they land on it, which I can then use to Trigger automations).

Any ideas!?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
You can't pass UTM parameters with a webhook URL; they will not be captured. Therefore, the use case you are describing is not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.