• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to break the Iterator? How many steps are iterated/looped after the 'Iterator' action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have created one 'Iterator' action in Pabbly Connect, and now I've 5 different steps/actions just after this 'Iterator' action/step in my workflow. So will it loop/iterate through just 1 action just after the 'Iterator' action or all 5 actions just after the 'Iterator' action will be iterated?

How can I come out of the loop/iteration? If I just wanna iterate through 2 actions and then come out of the loop/iteration and normally proceed with the rest 3 actions. Is there an action like 'Break'?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tanya Saxena

I have created one 'Iterator' action in Pabbly Connect, and now I've 5 different steps/actions just after this 'Iterator' action/step in my workflow. So will it loop/iterate through just 1 action just after the 'Iterator' action or all 5 actions just after the 'Iterator' action will be iterated?
For a better understanding of the Iterator action step, you can refer to the following video tutorial.

How can I come out of the loop/iteration? If I just wanna iterate through 2 actions and then come out of the loop/iteration and normally proceed with the rest 3 actions. Is there an action like 'Break'?
Further, the iteration of the execution cannot be broken but you may control it once by adding a filter action step afterward.

aoris

Hello @Supreme
Could expand a bit on the iterations? I have watched the video again and I am not quite sure of the number of Action Steps that are executed after the Iterator. Does it run in iteration mode for any step that uses iterated data?

Thanks,
Mickael

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aoris

If you have n number of entries in the JSON array coming from the application, it will run n times after the Iterator action step and the action step used afterward.

So, if you are having 2 more action steps after the Iterator action step in your workflow and you have 5 entries coming from Google Sheets, it will take 5*2 tasks with the addition of the action step used before.

aoris

Oh, interesting, thank you. So to summarize:
  • Iterator controls the data used for the iterations, including the number of iterations based on the data (assuming 5 entries)
  • Step 1 after the iterator step will run 5 times.
  • Step 2 after the iterator step will run 5 times.
  • Step 3 after the iterator step will run once.
Correct?

Supreme

Staff member
More precisely -
  • Iterator controls the data used for the iterations, including the number of iterations based on the data (assuming 5 entries)
  • Step 1 after the iterator step will run 5 tasks.
  • Step 2 after the iterator step will run 5 tasks.
  • Step 3 after the iterator step will run once.

aoris

Thank you @Supreme !!
It might be worth pinning that information to the forum. It's super useful to use the Iterator properly.

Have a good one,
Aoris

Status
Not open for further replies.