• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to convert plain emails into adf format?

I am trying to send adf/xml emails such as this: https://adfxml.info/adf_spec.pdf

Does Pabbly allow to format into XML somehow?

Example of one email is this below, but of course dynamically change certain fields such as name/phone/email etc

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?adf version="1.0"?>
<adf>
<prospect status="new">
<id sequence="1" source="Aderaco">1676668</id>
<requestdate>2023-05-03T01:54:22+00:00</requestdate>
<vehicle interest="buy" status="used">
<year>2016</year>
<make>Chrysler</make>
<model>300</model>
<stock>295792</stock>
<vin>2C3CCAPG8GH295792</vin>
<price>18495</price>
</vehicle>
<customer>
<contact primarycontact="1">
<name part="full" type="individual">Customer Name</name>
<email preferredcontact="1">[email protected]</email>
<phone type="voice" time="nopreference" preferredcontact="1">(888) 777-6666</phone>
</contact>
<comments>
Form Name: AIA - Lead - v3
</comments>
</customer>
<vendor>
<vendorname>Dealership Name</vendorname>
</vendor>
<provider>
<name part="full" type="business">aderaco</name>
<service>Lead Generation - Facebook</service>
</provider>
</prospect>
</adf>

This is the universal format for passing contact information between the automotive industry.

This use case would be, I obtain a lead that includes Name / Email / Phone / Vehicle Details, then id need to email it in adf/xml format to our clients.

Also, same subject, notice the date format inside the example, are you able to format like that?
Date: 2023-05-03T01:54:22+00:00
Format: CCYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+hh:mm

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @amaro866

Currently, the action step to convert XML to plain text is not available on the platform.

But if you are trying to receive the XML in the webhook response you can use the "Webhook By Pabbly" trigger event.

To rephrase my question, I want to webhook a date to Pabbly and have pabbly convert into the format in full.
Webhook: 03/05/2023
Pabbly Format: CCYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+hh:mm

Notice there is no time or timezone in the webhook.

Result: 2023-03-05T00:00:00+00:00

Can it do this?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Yes, it can do this. Please see the screenshot attached below.

1683321653535.png

Great, thank you for that.

Related question, this adf format uses IDs. For you workflow is your system able to move the numbers up by 1?

Such as workflow 1 is 1666666, then the next time the workflow triggers its 1666667?

Great.

Regarding the date formatter, is there a way that it can detect which format is being sent and go down that workflow?

Example the one i provided earlier was : CCYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+hh:mm
But other types of emails will contact other variations like this:
CCYYMMDDThhmmss+hhmm
CCYYMMDDThhmmss-hhmm
CCYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss-hh:mm

If someone sends in a different format is Pabbly able to read it and pull from it dynamically or is that a different workflow for each one?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Great.

Regarding the date formatter, is there a way that it can detect which format is being sent and go down that workflow?

Example the one i provided earlier was : CCYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+hh:mm
But other types of emails will contact other variations like this:
CCYYMMDDThhmmss+hhmm
CCYYMMDDThhmmss-hhmm
CCYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss-hh:mm

If someone sends in a different format is Pabbly able to read it and pull from it dynamically or is that a different workflow for each one?
Auto-detecting and dynamically pulling the date format is not possible.
1683655236015.png