• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to Create a Private Slack Channel?

Edwin

I want to invite new clients to newly created Slack channels as part of the onboarding.

But the channels have to be private of course.

I know I can set this to private, but that's a manual task.

How can I get this automated?

I don't see this in Pabbly when creating a new Slack channel ...

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Edwin

We have added the private option in Slack's "create channel" Action.

Please check this out and let us know if that works for you!!

2021-07-28.png

Edwin

@Supreme Verma

It works perfectly, thank you!

Last question - I also have another post regarding inviting users to a Slack channel. I got a reply that this is only possible if you have a paid Slack plan.

But now that you have made it possible to create a private channel, can you also make it possible to invite members to this channel? (it's already a Pabbly action)

Or is it only possible when having a paid Slack plan?

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Edwin

Could you please confirm that the field you have required right now is the team_id parameter of the Slack action?

Edwin

Hey @Supreme Verma

Sorry, I don't understand your question - is it related to creating a private channel or to inviting a user?

As I now see, it's only possible to invite internal members via Pabbly: https://jumpshare.com/v/tI6LnCj4eZkbhaPOce9G

I'm not sure if the restriction of not inviting external users can be resolved on Pabbly's end?

If not, then I need to think of a workaround with the available Slack actions in Pabbly to get my external users onboard on autopilot (after the private channel has been created).

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Edwin

Yes, you can only add the internal members here in slack. Also to invite multiple users you need to manually type their Id can be separated by a comma.

Please check out the following screenshot -

2021-07-30.png