• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to retrieve links from a newsletter

Hi,

I'd like to retrieve all links/URL from a newsletter and save them to a Google Sheet. The input is the newsletter RSS feed and the expected output is a list of links/URL, possibly with title, saved to a Google Sheet. Every time a new issue is published, the spreadsheet gets updated.

So far, I've tried the RSS by Pabbly, but the newsletter feed only gives you the link to the issue. I don't know how to send the HTML content of each issue to Pabbly.

I've also tried the Email parser, but:
a) the links in the actual email are encoded by the newsletter provider, so it's a no-go for me: I only get very similar URLs with meaningless names.
b) using the Text Formatter / Extract URLs gives me lots of garbage (Extract URLs also extract CSS and useless HTML code, not only URLs).

Now I'm stuck.

Can you point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

MC

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @marcocevoli

To extract the needed data using a specific regex that is available online, try the "Text Formatter by Pabbly: Extract Pattern" action step.

You simply need to pass the regex in the Pattern fields and pass the content from where you want to extract the data.

1667468155652.png