• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Ignore Errors

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjIwNTZhMDYzNTA0MzU1MjZkNTUzMTUxMzY1MTYxNTQzNyI_3D_pc
I have set these steps to "Ignore Errors" but I am still receive emails telling me there was an error on these steps which should not be happening. I am using a custom API to GET data from a postgresql database (since you don't have any integrations for postgresql) and when there is no value in the record I am requesting it is returning the error, as it should, but I don't need or want to receive an email or any notifications that an error occurred since it is not actually an error, there simply isn't any data in the record and I have a filter later in the workflow that checks "If exists". Why doesn't "Ignore Errors" work. See in the attached images the email I received, the history showing the 'x' for my API to GET the instagram reel url and the tiktok url, and the image showing I had them set to already "Ignore errors". Please fix this bug.

Attachments

• VjZmw5MTD5.jpg
    VjZmw5MTD5.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 18
  • MnPPvc7A5P.jpg
    MnPPvc7A5P.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 17
  • GlLJxrIIbY.jpg
    GlLJxrIIbY.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 19
  • PeHG3iuj9H.jpg
    PeHG3iuj9H.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 14

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @andrewstrealtor,

Enabling 'Ignore Errors' will not stop the notification if that particular step fails. It's meant to skip the execution of a particular step if the step it depends on fails to provide any data to this step.

For example, if you have mapped data in Step 4 of your workflow from Step 2 and encounter an error in Step 2, because of which the data would not be mapped in Step 4. To prevent the execution of Step 4 in this scenario, you can enable the 'Ignore Error' feature. The main intention of this feature is to prevent unnecessary task consumption.

https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/skip-the-module-on-the-failed-step.14251/#post-66870

Currently, its not possible to disable notifications for a failed task.

Isn't this what filters are for? I sent a request to allow me to ignore errors for the exact scenario I described where data is not existing in the database so it returns an error but it's not actually an error in my system since sometimes there will be no value in the database. I do not want to receive an error notification for these steps that are intended to sometimes not return a value so that my automation workflow can operate without emailing me for these errors when I choose to ignore such errors.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Rectification: In the example of my previous reply, I stated that if you enable the 'Ignore Error' feature in Step 4, the execution of Step 4 will be skipped if Step 2 fails. This is not correct. The correct way that the 'Ignore Error' feature works is as follows.

For example, let's suppose you have a 5-step workflow and you haven't enabled the 'Ignore Error' feature in any of your action steps. In this scenario, if the data in Step 4 is mapped from Step 2 and you encounter an error in Step 2, Step 4 will be automatically skipped and won't be executed. This is the default behavior of the workflow.

If you enable the 'Ignore Error' feature in Step 2 and Step 2 fails during your workflow execution, Step 4 will be executed and not skipped, even if Step 2 has failed and no data has been mapped in Step 4.

I apologize for any misunderstanding that my previous reply could have caused.
========================================================================================
Isn't this what filters are for?
Filters are designed to halt the execution of any subsequent action steps if the filter condition fails; they are not intended to skip only a specific step.

I sent a request to allow me to ignore errors for the exact scenario I described where data is not existing in the database so it returns an error but it's not actually an error in my system since sometimes there will be no value in the database. I do not want to receive an error notification for these steps that are intended to sometimes not return a value so that my automation workflow can operate without emailing me for these errors when I choose to ignore such errors.
I understand your concern; however, the 'Ignore Error' feature is not intended to stop notifications but is meant to function in the way I described above.

I watched the video you provided. Are you saying that users who chose "Ignore errors" are still going to get an error notification for the workflow step that produced the error? Can you please add an option to "Silence Error Notifications" then since I don't want to receive error emails/notifications for certain steps and I'm sure people using this "Ignore Errors" feature will also want to sometimes "Silence Error Notifications" so they can trust the workflow is working properly unless they get a real error notification for steps that need to be tracked.
Rectification: In the example of my previous reply, I stated that if you enable the 'Ignore Error' feature in Step 4, the execution of Step 4 will be skipped if Step 2 fails. This is not correct. The correct way that the 'Ignore Error' feature works is as follows.

For example, let's suppose you have a 5-step workflow and you haven't enabled the 'Ignore Error' feature in any of your action steps. In this scenario, if the data in Step 4 is mapped from Step 2 and you encounter an error in Step 2, Step 4 will be automatically skipped and won't be executed. This is the default behavior of the workflow.

If you enable the 'Ignore Error' feature in Step 2 and Step 2 fails during your workflow execution, Step 4 will be executed and not skipped, even if Step 2 has failed and no data has been mapped in Step 4.

I apologize for any misunderstanding that my previous reply could have caused.
========================================================================================

Filters are designed to halt the execution of any subsequent action steps if the filter condition fails; they are not intended to skip only a specific step.

I understand your concern; however, the 'Ignore Error' feature is not intended to stop notifications but is meant to function in the way I described above.
I understand the function, but it's not really ignoring the error then is it. It's still sending out an email notification saying there was an error. I'm asking for a separate feature to compliment this one to silence/prevent a notification of an error.

Here are all the error emails I get regularly, some of which I have deleted so this isn't a full list, but each of these are for steps that will always produce an error using my custom API to pull data from a database if the requested field is empty/null. This is expected behaviour and not an error and I need to stop getting emails of these errors that are simply my system working properly and not actually an error. It takes me time every single time I get an email and I need to open the email and then confirm there was no actual error. Can you please make it so I can choose to silence an error from sending a notification for specific workflow steps or can you propose a solution so I don't get these emails for these steps? Will you add integration to postgresql?

Attachments

• 20nFFZn6pq.jpg
    20nFFZn6pq.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 12
If I tell it to ignore errors, then I obviously don't want to get an email every time either. There are steps that will produce an error but it's still intentional and part of a workflow. Getting tons of error emails all day is annoying since I need to read the email, find the problem, only to realize there is no problem. Please do not send error emails when I choose to ignore errors on a step.

Can you at least fix the email message to actually include the real step name as I have set it so I can know what step failed instead of always having to find my computer, log in, click the link in the email and see that it was the step I set to ignore errors. The email says the step name always as the generic naming Pabbly set BEFORE I renamed the step. Put the proper name in the email please. The images I've attached she the actual name I set on the workflow step and your email that does not include the name I have set and a generic step name is useless!

Attachments

• IFwQMasxLs.jpg
    IFwQMasxLs.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 15
  • LkB0GCtGaY.jpg
    LkB0GCtGaY.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 14
Will this be corrected soon so emails show the proper name as I've named it instead of the generic name you've assigned? What's the point of naming my workflow steps if you aren't going to use the names I've set?

Supreme

Staff member
We have already forwarded your concern to the team on the same, once we get any update on it we will notify you.