• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Import ChatGPT table into Google sheets

MikeT

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjEwNTZmMDYzZTA0MzM1MjY0NTUzYzUxMzU1MTYwNTQzNSI_3D_pc
I am using ChatGPT to create a summary of a conversation between two people that has been transcribed using Google Meet. Manually, I feed a chunk of the Google Doc transcription to ChatGPT and instruct ChatGPT to create a row each time the speaker changes with a summary of the conversation and keywords from the text. Typing in the prompt interactively with ChatGPT, the result returns a table that I then copy from ChatGPT into Google Sheets. The result is a table that looks like this:
SeqDateSpeakerSummarized Key PointKeywordsFirst Five WordsTimestamp
12023-08-17SandraCriticism of Company regarding equipment purchase.Company, scam, equipmentSandra: When you buy a0:00:00
22023-08-17MikeAgreement with Sandra's sentiment about Company.Mike: Yep. Yeah, …0:00:00
32023-08-17MikeUses Office primarily for compatibility with friends who don't understand Google Docs.Office, PowerPoint, Word, video producer, Google DocsMike: I have office.0:00:00

I want to use the ChatGPT API and Pabbly connect to automate this. I can easily provide the text to ChatGPT and get a table back. However, since it is multiple lines I need to use Line Itemizer to create the various like which I then want to transfer to Google Sheets. I have two questions:
1. What format should I ask ChatGPT to output the data in that will work with Line Itemizer. I tried CSV with the fields in double quotes (because some of my fields have commas in them) but Line Itemizer doesn't seem to like that when I turn the "Simple Response" switch off.
2. If I can get Line Itemizer to work, what feature of Google Sheets should I use to add the lines to the spreadsheet? Multiple rows, Append Rows, other?

Thanks so much for your help.

Mike

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @MikeT,
1. What format should I ask ChatGPT to output the data in that will work with Line Itemizer. I tried CSV with the fields in double quotes (because some of my fields have commas in them) but Line Itemizer doesn't seem to like that when I turn the "Simple Response" switch off.
The Line Itemizer tool accepts data in the form of a JSON array.

2. If I can get Line Itemizer to work, what feature of Google Sheets should I use to add the lines to the spreadsheet? Multiple rows, Append Rows, other?
Once you get comma-separated values, you can use the "Add Multiple Rows" action event in Google Sheets to save the data.