• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Inbuilt action chaining and array extraction

ewake

Hi there, I'm building an integration for an email system I'm using, it's called emailchef (https://emailchef.com/integration/#emailchef-public-api)
The app is using a token-based authentication with a custom header named "authkey". I know Pabbly has "Basic Auth (Access Token Response)" available but I couldn't get it to work using this API so I put the token in the app credentials.
I want to build an action to add a contact to a list (https://emailchef.com/integration/#contacts-create-instance). I got the basic endpoint call working, now I want to make it dynamic.

To make it dynamic I need to:
I tried building the fetch lists and the custom fields fetching as inbuilt actions but I got some problems so far.

The first inbuilt action has the following config
1727262312975.png

First problem is that the fetch lists endpoint outputs an array
JSON:
[ 
   { 
      "name":"Test List Zero",
      "id":"487",
      "description":"First list to play with",
      "active":"26",
      "segments":"0",
      "unsubscribed":"0",
      "bounced":"0",
      "in_newsletter":"0",
      "date":"2015-10-08 10:22:09"
   },
   { 
      "name":"Test List One",
      "id":"488",
      "description":"Second list to play with",
      "active":"20",
      "segments":"2",
      "unsubscribed":"0",
      "bounced":"0",
      "in_newsletter":"0",
      "date":"2015-10-09 12:22:09"
   }
]

but the response I get is just the first element of the array

1727262041740.png

Basing on this, I cannot get the second step to work because I need to get the output of this into the second inbuilt action.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Luv

Staff member
Hey @ewake

You will need to capture the response from the API step in advanced format. You can do this by turning off the "Simple response" button.

Further, once you get the response in Array Format, kindly user "Line Itemizer" by Pabbly. Please refer to the video below for instructions -

Let us know if it works for you.

ewake

Hey @ewake

You will need to capture the response from the API step in advanced format. You can do this by turning off the "Simple response" button.

Further, once you get the response in Array Format, kindly user "Line Itemizer" by Pabbly. Please refer to the video below for instructions -

Thanks for the response but I think I'm still missing something.
I have two inbuilt actions, the first is to fetch the lists and is built this way
1727277685623.png

I don't see any flag for the simple response here, am I missing something?

Shouldn't this call or the other to fetch the custom fields of a given list be "Inbuilt actions"?

Luv

Staff member
Hey @ewake

Kindly refer to this thread in order to fetch the custom fields of a given list.

1727329630594.png

ewake

Hey @ewake

Kindly refer to this thread in order to fetch the custom fields of a given list.

View attachment 47726

That's partially the point I want to reach. My "List custom fields" depends on "Fetch lists".
I should
  1. Fetch lists. Ex: subscriber fb, subscriber ig, etc...
  2. Let the user pick one. Say: subscriber fb
  3. Fetch the custom fields for the given list
So that's why the "List custom fields" should be chained to the "Fetch lists".
Can I do this with inbuilt actions?

ewake

Hey @ewake

Kindly let us know if you are from the EmailChef team. You can email us on [email protected]
We can schedule a Google Meet with you to guide you through with inbuilt app integrations.
I'm not from the Emailchef team, I'm from a small company named ewake and I need to setup emailchef for one of our customer's workflow. May I reach you too?

Luv

Staff member
Hey @ewake

Yes, surely you can. Please make sure to describe your use case thoroughly and share the API doc with us.